Commercial Banking – Commercial Real Estate Summer Analyst Program
The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) group at J.P. Morgan prides itself on leveraging its industry knowledge to offer best in class financial solutions across all major real estate asset types: multifamily, retail, office and industrial properties. We work with national and regional clients across the entire real estate sector, including developers, investors, owners, operating companies, investment funds, real estate investment trusts, and non-profit organizations.
Working here means joining a collaborative, supportive team. We want your diverse perspective to help us develop the next wave of products and solutions for our clients. We’ll provide everything you need to be successful – from training and mentorship from senior leaders to projects that engage all your skills.
How we’re organized:
Summer Analysts in CRE will work with a team of real estate professionals in our real estate businesses to deliver best-in-class financial solutions to help our clients achieve their financial goals. Real estate businesses include:
- Community Development Banking (CDB) – Provides financial solutions that support the growth of affordable housing and revitalization of low-and moderate-income communities across the U.S.
- Commercial Term Lending (CTL) – Provides commercial real estate owners and investors with term financing solutions for purchase or refinancing of stabilized industrial, retail, office, mixed-use and multifamily properties
- Real Estate Banking (REB) – Delivers commercial real estate and banking products to national and regional real estate developers, investors, Real Estate Operating Companies (REOCs), Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) and opportunity and investment funds
- CRE Treasury Services (CRE TS) – Provides solutions for Real Estate clients to optimize efficiency, streamline processes and reduce the cost of critical treasury management functions including payables, receivables, information management, online banking, card and more
What to expect:
Our Summer Analyst Program will provide you with an introduction to client management, credit structuring, and product sales, allowing you to develop the necessary skillset to become a successful Full-Time Analyst. Our 9-week program begins with one week of orientation and training, giving you key practical and financial knowledge you’ll use throughout the summer. You’ll have opportunities to network with peers, work with colleagues and senior managers, and participate in training opportunities to sharpen your skills.
You will be provided a valuable look into Commercial Real Estate as well as Commercial Banking as a whole. Assignments may include credit and financial analysis, researching industries and markets, preparing presentations, internal memos, pitch materials, and building financial models.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, you may receive an offer to join our 2.5 year, full-time CRE Analyst rotational program. The Full-Time program includes targeted Commercial Real Estate training paired with exposure to Sales/Originations, Credit, Portfolio Management, and Treasury within the aforementioned real estate businesses. The program provides Analysts with the ability to develop a strong foundation of analytical skills across a range of asset classes needed for a successful career in Commercial Real Estate.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Working on financial models to support financing transactions
- Assisting in the completion of credit approval memos
- Preparing marketing materials for use in client meetings covering topics such as financing alternatives and industry trends & analysis
- Developing an understanding of the full breadth of J.P. Morgan products and service offerings
Locations we hire for:
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New York
We are looking for individuals who have an interest in real estate and a desire to work with team members to build client relationships and provide exceptional client service.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative work environment
- Coursework in real estate, finance, accounting or economics a plus
- Pursing a bachelor’s degree with an expected graduation date between December 2022 and June 2023
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale is preferred
- Candidates must be authorized to work permanently in the U.S.
- To be eligible for this program, you must be authorized to work in the U.S. on a permanent basis. We do not offer any type of employment-based immigration sponsorship for this program. Likewise, JPMorgan Chase & Co., will not provide any assistance or sign any documentation in support of any other form of immigration sponsorship or benefit including optional practical training (OPT) or curricular practical training (CPT).
This role is a pipeline to our full time Commercial Real Estate Program, which is not eligible for employer immigration sponsorship. If you require immigration sponsorship after completing your degree, you do not meet the requirements of this internship role.
At JPMorgan Chase, we’re creating positive change for the diverse clients, customers and communities we serve. We do this by championing your innovative ideas through a supportive and inclusive culture that helps you every step of the way as you build your career. If you’re passionate, curious and ready to make an impact, we’re looking for you.
Help us learn about you by submitting a complete and thoughtful application, which includes your resume. Your application and resume are ways for us to initially get to know you, so it’s important to complete all relevant application questions so we have as much information about you as possible.
After you confirm your application, we will review it to determine whether you meet certain required qualifications.
If you are advanced to the next step of the process, you’ll receive an email invitation to complete a series of 12 games through the Pymetrics platform. Pymetrics will allow you to showcase your potential beyond what you tell us in your resume and application form. It’s an additional data point that helps us gain a better understanding of who you are as an individual. It should take no longer than 25-35 minutes to complete. If you have already completed the Pymetrics games, you will have the opportunity to submit your gameplay results for this specific application without having to replay the games.
Following completion of Pymetrics, you’ll receive another email invitation to complete a video interview, powered by HireVue. This is your opportunity to further bring your resume to life and showcase your experience for our recruiting team and hiring managers.
Both Pymetrics and HireVue are required, and your application will not be considered for further review until you have completed them. We strongly encourage that you apply and complete these required elements as soon as possible, since programs will close as positions are filled.
JPMorgan Chase is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects all people for their unique skills, backgrounds and professional experiences. We strive to hire qualified, diverse candidates, and we will provide reasonable accommodations for known disabilities.
Visit jpmorganchase.com/careers for upcoming events, career advice, our locations and more.
©2020 JPMorgan Chase & Co. JPMorgan Chase is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran