J.P. Morgan’s Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world’s most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $24 trillion of assets under custody and $420 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world.
Leveraged Finance comprises JPMorgan’s leveraged loan and high yield bond product groups within the firm’s Investment Banking Line of Business. These dynamic debt capital markets are instrumental in financing corporate capital requirements, including working capital, capital projects, mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, and dividend recapitalizations. As the leading corporate debt house, JPMorgan holds commanding leadership positions in these product specialties. Transactions involve high-level interaction with senior bankers across product and industry groups as well as with executive management within client firms.
As an Analyst in Leveraged Finance, you will work with experienced professionals at one of the world’s leading global investment banks. The Analyst will focus on analyzing and identifying optimal and marketable capital structure solutions for the client. They will be responsible for deal coordination efforts across internal and external parties including coverage, credit, legal and client teams. We are currently seeking to recruit for a Leveraged Finance Analyst to support our Regional Leverage Finance team in Chicago or New York.
Responsibilities will include:
- Performing financial modeling and financial statement analysis
- Determining cash flow and asset-based debt capacity based on a wide range of business models
- Drives the preparation of customized term sheets, capital markets and credit approval packages and marketing materials
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in client meetings
- Preparing investor marketing materials and arranging investor meetings
- Interacting with client firms and investors
- Conducting extensive due diligence on Companies
- Coordinating communication across numerous internal and external
- Conducting industry and product research as well as comparable analysis
- Primary responsibility for reviewing all work prepared by analysts including financial models
- Significant interaction with clients and investors
- Accompany management on road shows during the marketing phase of transactions
- 2+ years of experience in Investment Banking, Credit Risk or related fields is preferred
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills with the ability to synthesize large amounts of information and help develop innovative client solutions
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Well organized and able to efficiently manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Excellent presentation skills; comfortable presenting to client senior management, investors and senior members of the firm