KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 20 cities across 16 countries and 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
KKR 2022 Summer Associate Program – Capital Markets
KKR is seeking current 1st-year MBA students (graduation date: Spring 2023) for our 2022 Summer Associate Program and to be an active part of a team-oriented environment. The internship is 10-weeks in length and will take place in our New York, Menlo Park or San Francisco office depending on the role. Following the conclusion of the internship, 2023 full-time offers may be extended to exceptional performers.
Capital Markets – Co-Investments & Partnerships
This team leads co-investments and private placements alongside the firm’s investments across all asset classes (i.e. Private Equity, Real Assets, Real Estate, Infrastructure, and Growth Equity) and geographies. The team provides capital markets advice and develops and implements traditional and non-traditional capital solutions for direct investments as well as for companies seeking financing through co-investments and partnerships. The team plays an active role in Investment Committee meetings and gains exposure to senior figures across the firm. This is a lean, exciting, and entrepreneurial team at KKR.
For this role, responsibilities will include assisting deal captains in all areas of transaction oversight including building relationships with clients, guiding them through the investment process (including preparing materials, answering Q&A, participating in client calls), and executing co-investment opportunities. The focus of transactions will be co-investment syndications, minority investments, and private placements. This is a deal-focused group, and you will be expected to dig deep into every deal and understand the process from an investor mindset. In addition to deal-related work, you will be responsible for maintaining the team’s marketing materials, using data to create presentations for relationship managers and clients, preparing a quarterly market update on the co-investment sector, and various other work streams to build a foundational knowledge of the co-investment space. You will cultivate deep relationships with LPs and other investors to help guide their investment teams through co-investment opportunities.
The team prides itself on its culture and collegial environment and is looking for candidates who are smart, driven, and proactive. This is ideally a long-term, career-track role. The team works on the vast majority of deals executed globally by the firm and would be a great fit for candidates who want to combine an investment role with direct investor engagement.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Examining industry trends and identifying investment themes
- Contributing to key diligence work streams
- Business analysis of a broad range of companies and industries
- Financial modeling
- Assistance in development of actionable investments, including long-term fixed income return strategies, as well as identifying relative value, capital structure arbitrage, mezzanine, and distressed debt opportunities
- Analyzing deal terms and covenant structures
Primary Qualifications and Skills
- Current 1st year MBA student with anticipated graduation date of Spring 2023
- Prior investment banking or buyside experience, and can demonstrate raw analytical horsepower and finance / modeling skills
- Strong candidates should have the ability to multi-task and clearly communicate qualitative and quantitative concepts
- Candidates should embody KKR’s core values, in particular: unquestioned integrity, a strong work ethic and a commitment to teamwork
- An ideal candidate will have a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for investing, a strong understanding of fundamental business analysis and an outstanding academic record
- A candidate must possess superior analytical and quantitative skills; a foundational understanding of accounting financial concepts; exceptional written, interpersonal, and communication skills; attention to detail; and a maturity that enables the candidate to contribute to a collaborative and constructive work environment
- A candidate should also demonstrate good investment instincts, analytical capability and finance, accounting and modeling skills
- It is essential for a candidate to be a self-starter and motivated, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and work both independently and within teams
- Deadline to apply is December 12th — 11:59pm ET
- You can submit a maximum of 2 applications