KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 20 cities across 16 countries and 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
KKR 2022 Summer Associate Program – Client & Partner Group
New York and San Francisco
KKR is seeking current 1st-year MBA students (graduation date: Spring 2023) for our 2022 Summer Associate Program and to be an active part of a team-oriented environment. The internship is 10-weeks in length and will take place in our New York, Menlo Park or San Francisco office depending on the role. Following the conclusion of the internship, 2023 full-time offers may be extended to exceptional performers.
Client and Partner Group (“CPG”)
- Team of professionals focused on raising capital (Relationship Management team) and developing products (Product Strategies team) for KKR’s expanding investment management platform
- Focused on building, maintaining, and expanding relationships with our clients while delivering solutions across the KKR platform
- 10-week summer internship with Relationship Management and Product Strategies teams focused-on raising capital, marketing, and structuring KKR funds
- Understand, analyze, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information about institutional, retail, family office and high net worth investors
- Prepare briefing memos, making recommendations on products appropriate to the investor, suggesting new potential clients based on this research
- Periodically create and update bespoke marketing materials, quarterly presentations and reporting materials.
- Provide ongoing LP support and remain heavily involved when investors are conducting due diligence on KKR funds
- Work closely with investment professionals and deal teams to understand the current portfolio, deal pipeline, and overall market dynamics
- Work closely with others on the Relationship Management and Product Strategies teams on client requests (related to both capital raising, diligence and one-off servicing requests), client presentations, sales territory management, and CRM database management
- Aid in the development and maintenance of CPG business metrics and reports
- Assist with other team projects and initiatives on an ad-hoc basis
Primary Qualifications and Skills
- Current 1st year MBA student with anticipated graduation date of Spring 2023
- Interest in broader fundraising and product development
- Aptitude for critical and creative thinking across the quantitative and qualitative spectrum
- Maturity, presence, sound judgment, and ability to form and express opinions effectively to cross-divisional teams including senior management
- Proven ability to manage demands of multiple teams and projects in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong relationship development skills, including over the phone with global teams
- Quick learner with clear intellectual curiosity and self-motivation
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to read information/situations from varying perspectives and tailor messages to suit different audiences
- Strong organization skills with an emphasis on attention to detail
- Technical and aesthetic mastery of PowerPoint and Excel
- Content driven with the ability to communicate complex topics to a wide range of audiences