KKR is a leading global investment firm that offers alternative asset management and capital markets and insurance solutions. With offices in over 20 cities across 16 countries and 4 continents, KKR sponsors investment funds that invest in private equity, credit and real assets and has strategic partners that manage hedge funds. KKR’s insurance subsidiaries offer retirement, life, and reinsurance products under the management of The Global Atlantic Financial Group.
As a firm we manage investments across multiple asset classes and as individuals we are encouraged to think creatively to solve problems, explore opportunities, take on new responsibilities and challenges, put our clients first and contribute to our communities. We often measure success over years, not quarters. We value integrity in all that we do, whether it’s presenting numbers accurately or being open and honest with a portfolio company executive. People want to do business with those they like and trust. It’s a mantra instilled in all of us from the top down.
At KKR, we believe that diverse teams increase performance and produce better results. Teams consisting of employees with varied backgrounds and perspectives will help strengthen our Firm and our investment decisions. Therefore, in an effort to enhance the diversity of our organization, we are particularly focused on recruiting talent that will bring different experiences, capabilities, skills and viewpoints to our organization.
KKR 2022 Summer Associate Program – Infrastructure
New York and Menlo Park
KKR is seeking current 1st-year MBA students (graduation date: Spring 2023) for our 2022 Summer Associate Program and to be an active part of a team-oriented environment. The internship is 10-weeks in length and will take place in our New York, Menlo Park or San Francisco office depending on the role. Following the conclusion of the internship, 2023 full-time offers may be extended to exceptional performers.
KKR’s Infrastructure group executes a global private equity investing strategy and operational approach within the infrastructure sector. The majority of the Infrastructure team’s deals are corporate buyouts, but the team has the ability to do joint ventures and minority investments, as well as structured equity deals. The team evaluates investments across infrastructure sub sectors with a focus on digital / internet infrastructure, renewable energy and energy transition, transportation and heavy asset leasing. Accruing nearly $50bn in AUM since inception a decade, KKR Infrastructure is a dynamic, growing team that benefits from all of KKR’s leading value-add resources.
This individual will be integrally involved with all aspects of the investment process, including: sourcing and evaluating potential investments; performing due diligence; structuring and closing transactions; monitoring performance at portfolio companies; exiting investments; and interacting with management teams and the firm’s investors.
Position Description and Responsibilities
- Identifying attractive investment themes and opportunities
- Gathering and synthesizing industry and market data
- Extensive analysis on potential investments, including in-depth financial modeling in Microsoft Excel
- Managing the due diligence process, including overseeing commercial, accounting, tax, and legal diligence advisors
- Assisting with the development of and monitoring operational initiatives within portfolio companies
- Monitoring and reporting on portfolio company performance
- Drafting and presenting oral and written materials to management and investors
- Building relationships within the firm and with management teams, as well as with external advisors and industry experts
Primary Qualifications and Skills
- Current 1st year MBA student with anticipated graduation date of Spring 2023
- Candidates must embody KKR’s core values, in particular: unquestioned integrity, a strong work ethic, and a commitment to teamwork and excellence.
- Ideal candidates will have a genuine enthusiasm and curiosity for investing, a strong understanding of fundamental business analysis, and an outstanding academic record.
- Candidates must possess superior analytical and financial modeling skills; a solid grasp of financial concepts; exceptional written, interpersonal, and communication skills; attention to detail; and a maturity that enables them to contribute to a collaborative and constructive work environment.