At Lazard, Associates work as part of client teams which provide a wide range of services, including: general financial advice, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments, takeover defenses, corporate restructurings, strategic partnerships/joint ventures and advice on capital structure.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams on strategic and other assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives. Day-to-day activities of an Associate include: financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing client presentations and marketing materials, interacting with clients, managing deal processes and providing guidance to and supervising Analysts, among other activities.
In the Power, Energy & Infrastructure group, our associates work in a generalist capacity spanning the following verticals: Power & Utilities, Alternative Energy, and Infrastructure (transportation, energy-related, or other). Clients include global corporations, financial sponsors, governments and other key stakeholders.
- 2-3 years of prior work experience, preferably in financial services
- Currently in a MBA program or other graduate program with an expected graduation date of Spring 2022
- Top academic performer who is comfortable in an unstructured environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise
- Strong quantitative background and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfort operating in an unstructured environment
- Ability to manage junior bankers
- Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to a positive team culture