Lazard is currently seeking to hire an analyst/ senior analyst to start a career in its Real Estate, Gaming and Lodging Investment Banking group. The new team member will join a group of about 15 professionals in Lazard’s New York City office working as part of small transaction teams focused on providing financial advisory services to public and private real estate enterprises, including owners, operators, developers and other corporate clients across all property types.
At Lazard, analysts work as part of client teams, which provide a wide range of services, including: general financial advice, mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, special committee assignments, takeover defenses, corporate restructurings, strategic partnerships/joint ventures and advice on capital structure.
Lazard offers an unparalleled opportunity to work as part of small deal teams on important strategic assignments, providing meaningful exposure to senior bankers and client representatives.
Day-to-day activities of an analyst include: financial analysis and modeling, creating and preparing client presentations and marketing materials, interacting with clients, managing deal processes, among other activities.
- 0-3 years of relevant finance experience, preferably in investment banking or private equity, is required. Open to college students graduating December 2021 as well.
- While not a requirement, previous real estate investment banking or other relevant real estate financial analysis experience is preferred.
- Top academic performance with comfort operating in an unstructured environment which values initiative, creativity, maturity, and poise.
- Strong quantitative background and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with ability to multi-task.
- Motivation to work as a team player and contribute to a positive team culture.