MLB is looking to fill the full-time position of Associate Data Quality Analyst. As an Associate Data Quality Analyst at MLB, you will be part of the Baseball Data Quality team, which is responsible for ensuring the utmost integrity of the information maintained and supported by the broader Baseball Data team, including the Statcast ecosystem, and communicating with various stakeholders, including MLB Clubs, broadcast partners, and web/mobile properties. In this role you will partner closely with world-class talent across technical, advanced analytics, and subject matter experts to improve our operations and products. You will have some of the richest and most robust data at your fingertips and an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Coordinate triage during in-game support shifts (especially nights and weekends) among engineering, product, and infrastructure groups for many levels of baseball.
- Respond directly to inquiries from MLB clubs, broadcasters, and MLB leadership.
- Compose and edit documentation and communicate best practices to consumers with varying technical backgrounds.
- Maintain status reports and issue logs for internal monitoring and external transparency
- Query MLB’s database and build statistical reports/models as appropriate to identify and detect trends.
- Maintain consistent day-to-day data completeness and data/video clean-up and recovery.
- Correspond with technical and operational stakeholders to identify incident causes and preventative measures.
- Identify ways to optimize support processes and make recommendations to MLB leadership for consideration.
- Contribute to the testing and validation of new data, analyses, and solutions.
Required Skills & Experience
- Ability to communicate professionally in a customer support role with technical and non-technical users via phone, email, blog, instant message, and other media.
- Familiarity with baseball tracking systems, especially MLB’s Statcast platform.
- Critical thinking skills – the ability to apply analytical insights to improve data and solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and dedication to excellence.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays, especially during baseball season.
- Baseball fan.
- Experience within the baseball industry analyzing and/or disseminating baseball tracking data.
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, precision, and completeness.
- Knowledge of SQL or similar database querying experience.