At Tickets.com we are changing the landscape of the live sports and entertainment industry. Tickets.com delivers innovative, cutting-edge technologies to enable safe, unforgettable fan experiences in venues across the globe. We are assembling a world-class technology team to build platforms and products that anticipate emerging opportunities, including dynamic pricing, offers, digital and contactless ticketing. The Tickets.com mission is to provide premium, innovative live experiences for our clients and their patrons.
The Settlements Analyst will be responsible for the management and accounting of the settlement process for a set of clients, various account reconciliations, and settlement database reporting and process improvement initiatives. This position will be involved in the development of a modern, streamlined settlement/billing system.
This position requires a detail oriented, hands-on individual, who thrives on data analysis and process improvement.
- Calculate client settlements, ensuring compliance with contract terms.
- Develop techniques to identify, extract, and analyze data to support business decisions.
- Utilize new and existing software platforms such as Tableau, Jasper, SQL, etc. to assist and support the development of new settlement technology.
- Identify opportunities to standardize (reporting, settlements process).
- Analyze and resolve transaction variances during the settlement reconciliation process.
- Reconcile and validate settlement received against settlement paid out to clients as per contracts.
- Research and resolve out of balance accounts.
- Identifies areas for efficiency improvements.
- Fully document work processes and activities.
- Prepare weekly Automatic Clearing House (ACH), wire, and check requests.
- Generate and process A/P, A/R, G/L, and accrual entries on a weekly basis.
- Prepare daily settlement account reconciliations.
- Interact with other departments and locations within Tickets.com to ensure functionality of new features, account credits, and refunds.
- Evaluate cross functional practices to streamline efforts, identify redundancies, automate processes and eliminate unnecessary tasks.
- Optimize workflows and business processes and recommend efficiencies to improve productivity.
- Special Projects and all other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience involving analysis, statistics, and/or strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Statistics, Computer Science, or closely related field.
- Excellent Excel skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to create, implement, and manage business processes.
- Proficiency in one or more of the analytic tools (e.g. Tableau, Jasper, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of data modeling, and/or SQL.
- Understanding of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) databases.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work and communicate with both technical and business minded professionals.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with excellent skills in organization, prioritization, and follow-through.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Costa Mesa, CA
We offer an Outstanding Benefits Package that includes:
- Medical 3 PPO Plans through BCBS
- Dental PPO
- STD & LTD
- Life & Supplemental Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO, STO, 13 Holidays)
- HSA & FSA
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Holiday week office closure
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.