Investment Banking Analysts support the firm’s investment banking and financial advisory efforts and work alongside senior bankers in deal origination, execution, distribution and closing. Analysts will gain significant exposure to all aspects of the investment banking industry, including building financial models, authoring offering materials, creating management presentations and conducting industry research.
The position offers candidates the opportunity to:
- Gain valuable first-hand experience by working directly with senior bankers across the entire deal life cycle
- Under the guidance of experienced bankers, build financial models and conduct in-depth financial analysis
- Create presentations and supplemental materials to support both origination efforts and live transactions
- Research industries, markets and companies to support the efforts of senior bankers
- Develop strategic and critical thinking skills to help clients navigate the rapidly changing energy and infrastructure markets
Candidates must be highly motivated and show exceptional academic achievement from a top-tier undergraduate program with a minimum GPA of 3.5. Candidates are required to be able to demonstrate:
- Working towards a Bachelors or equivalent undergraduate degree
- Academic and/or working knowledge of finance and accounting
- Strong analytical skills, demonstrated through finance, accounting, math, and other technical classes
- Passion for renewable energy and the broader energy & infrastructure industry
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience working in teams
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities in an intimate, fast-paced environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft applications
- Financial modeling experience a plus
Resume submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed. In order for your application to be considered complete, we request you provide a cover letter that includes the following three questions.
- Why are you interested in Marathon Capital?
- How have you positioned yourself for a career in investment banking?
- Choose a potential client that you believe is an industry leader in Marathon Capital’s target market, and explain your reasoning.