Investment Banking Associates support the firm’s investment banking and financial advisory efforts and work alongside senior bankers in deal origination, execution, distribution and closing. Associates will gain significant exposure to all aspects of both the energy and investment banking industries, including building financial models, authoring offering materials, conducting industry research and creating marketing materials.
The position offers MBA students the opportunity to:
- Build sector expertise in renewable and conventional power generation, power and utilities, energy technology and infrastructure
- Conduct financial analysis and create detailed financial models, valuation and pro forma analysis of clients’ businesses, projects and acquisition targets
- Assess strengths and risks of client positioning as well as perform due diligence on clients and acquisition candidates
- Support capital raise and M&A processes by preparing offering materials and distribution lists
- Pursue business development initiatives to further enhance the firm’s competitive position
- Work directly with senior-level bankers in a leading energy investment banking firm
Candidates must be highly motivated and currently enrolled in a top-tier MBA program. Candidates are required to demonstrate:
- Substantive academic or working knowledge of finance and accounting
- Robust analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal / communication skills
- Experience working in teams
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects in an intimate, fast-paced environment
- Close attention to detail and ability to work toward specified timelines
- Strong financial modeling and advances Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of or interest in the renewable and conventional power generation, energy storage, power and utilities, and energy infrastructure sectors (a plus)
Resume submissions without a cover letter will not be reviewed. In order for your application to be considered complete, we request you provide a cover letter that includes the following three questions.
- Why are you interested in Marathon Capital?
- How have you positioned yourself for a career in investment banking?
- Choose a potential client that you believe is an industry leader in Marathon Capital’s target market, and explain your reasoning.