Marcus & Millichap Capital Corporation is seeking a dependable individual with prior experience in real estate financial analysis and valuation. This is a full-time position working with commercial real estate loan origination teams in Denver and the surrounding area. Excellent analytical and professional business writing skills are required. Candidates should have a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or Real Estate. Superior computer skills are a must; candidate should possess a high comfort level with Microsoft Excel and have general excel financial modeling capabilities.
The Loan Analyst position provides underwriting and financial analysis of multifamily and commercial real estate properties and markets, and prepares financial documents supporting the analysis. The position also requires database management, data input, pipeline management and related tasks associated with loan origination and closing of commercial real estate loans.
The Loan Analyst will be a resourceful contributor to the team who can operate in a fast-paced environment, take direction, and multi-task under tight deadlines, while consistently projecting a friendly and professional demeanor.
Duties will include:
- Gathering of property and borrower information to underwrite and review
- Reviewing of financial statements and financial data
- Analyzing and summarizing historical property operations
- Preparation of financial analysis of properties and markets
- Ordering third party reports and reviewing reports upon receipt
- Underwriting of all property types
- Creating quote sheets, marketing packages, and proposals, and working collaboratively with other team members to provide debt quotes in a timely manner
- Client, property, and loan database maintenance and administration
- Site visits and photographing of properties
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Financial analysis and underwriting
- Exceptional analytical skills
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
- Works well under deadlines
- Creative self-starter
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, with expertise in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to handle sensitive material and maintain the highest level of confidentiality
- Have a team-player attitude
Our mission is to help our clients create and preserve wealth by providing the best real estate investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services available.
Founded in 1971, Marcus & Millichap (NYSE: MMI) is a leading commercial real estate brokerage firm focusing exclusively on investment sales, financing, research, and advisory services, with nearly 2,100 investment sales and financing professionals in 80+ offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Marcus & Millichap closes 4.5 transactions every business hour – more than any other real estate investment brokerage firm in the nation. In 2020, the firm closed 8,954 transactions with a sales volume of approximately $43.4 billion.