- Undergraduate degree
- Background in business, marketing, economics, finance or life sciences preferred
- Strong interest in PMP commercial especially launch or market access topics
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts and terminology
- Strong IT skills including proficiency with data visualization, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and basic business tools; experience with Alteryx and Tableau is a plus
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills; demonstrated analytical expertise is a plus
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced, dynamic and cross-cultural environment
- Highly inquisitive, innovative and creative
- Professional attitude and service orientation
- Team player with strong people skills; ability to coach, motivate and inspire others
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our global Pharmaceutical & Medical Products practice. You will also be part of our global Client Capabilities Network which includes more than 2,000 diverse professionals delivering distinctive client impact and fueled by a culture of innovation.
Within our Pharmaceuticals & Medical Products (PMP) practice, you’ll be part of our team’s global PMP Intelligence team which consists of around 100 professionals across analytics, knowledge, and capabilities and insights. The PMP practice helps clients across three dedicated functional service lines spanning Commercial, R&D, and Operations, as well as a host of client interest groups and functional joint ventures.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will develop industry analyses, keep up to date with industry developments and help our consultants apply cutting-edge industry knowledge to client problem-solving as well as serve clients directly on your topics of expertise.
In this role, you will leverage your experience in the PMP industry and be a thought-partner to client teams and clients on a wide range of topics in commercial.
From a market access perspective, you will focus on topic such as access strategy at launch, pricing strategy, contracting analytics, gross-to-net optimization, channel strategy, capability building, organizational design, patient access & affordability, and evolution of US healthcare policy and its impact across the value chain.
You will work on perspectives for launches in special situations (e.g. small biotech, rare disease, cell and gene therapy, oncology), go-to-market strategy, launch investment benchmarks, forecasting and cross-functional launch planning among others.
Additionally, you will develop novel tools, solutions and analytical products to improve the impact of our client work and become a true thought partner for our consultants and clients. You will have access to cutting edge data sources, both internal and external, and will leverage proprietary McKinsey analytical modules to uncover new insights and opportunities to drive impact. You will synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products to include written memos, numerical analysis and/or presentations.