- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, economics, econometrics or a related field with a consistent outstanding academic record; master’s degree a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in private markets, consulting, real estate, banking or accounting
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
- In-depth knowledge of due diligences (e.g. market modeling, expert interviews, external report analyses, conducting surveys, etc.)
- Experience in leveraging digital (analytical) tools preferred
- Excellent problem-solving skills including the ability to structure a problem, disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Professional attitude, work standards and service orientation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Solid understanding of financial, economic and general business concepts and terminology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our Dallas, Texas office as part of McKinsey’s new Diligence Capabilities Center (DCC) for our Private Equity and Principal Investors (PEPI) practice in North America. The DCC will act as the strategic driver for future innovation in McKinsey’s PEPI practice.
The DCC will also drive our digital agenda and put strong emphasis on building digital assets and tools to improve the way we serve private markets clients – delivering consistent and high quality due diligences, portfolio company transformations and strategic and organizational engagements.
You will be part of our global Client Capabilities Network, which includes more than 2,600 colleagues, who bring a wide spectrum of capabilities including knowledge consulting, analytics consulting and data engineering, research, client development and practice management. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize and manage our global knowledge.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will work with leadership to shape the landscape of digital assets and tools across sectors and you will help to leverage these assets to deliver client proposals and ongoing projects.
In this role, your tasks will range from building digitally enhanced market models and the development of detailed industry views. You will build, maintain and manage PEPI practices’ knowledge assets in digital formats. Also, you will leverage existing and develop new standardized due diligence modules such as market models, customer survey design, expert interviews and synthesizing external reports to clients and teams in collaboration with other McKinsey colleagues.
You will work closely with existing McKinsey digital solution teams to identify and tailor them to the settings accordingly. Moreover, you will support the development of McKinsey PEPI tools and applications (for internal and client related topics).
There is flexibility to hire at either the Junior Analyst or Analyst level, depending on the qualifications of the candidate.