- Masters, MBA or equivalent in technology or engineering from reputed universities
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in sourcing/procurement of various IT services, software and hardware including strategic supplier selection, contracting, renewals, software strategy life planning and costing, software licensing, software implementation cloud procurement and enterprise architecture
- Strong understanding of IT services procurement (across applications, infrastructure and cloud), software license management lifecycle including planning, negotiations and contracting models
- Experience in analyzing IT services/software (incl. SaaS), hardware, cloud contracts to identify opportunities for savings, revenue assurance
- General understanding of broad IT strategy and sourcing space and working market knowledge (e.g. key vendors, services and technology trends)
- Ability to engage and interact independently with client personnel including procurement specialists
- Solid problem-solving capabilities with excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Willingness to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment and to travel to other offices/client locations for short/long term assignments
- Superior written and verbal communications skills
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our Dallas or Waltham, MA office as part of the McKinsey Digital Client Capabilities Network (CCN). This group brings together the best of McKinsey’s digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
You’ll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. You’ll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.
McKinsey Digital has multiple Centers of Competence (CoC) with members in each CoC supporting various McKinsey Digital service lines to bring deep subject matter expertise strengthening our client value proposition and delivery. The Technology Strategy & Management (TS&M) CoC is one such capability which supports multiple topics including Technology Strategy, Operating model, Tech Talent Strategy & Technology Sourcing. The CoC serves as a global knowledge hub of expertise that owns, maintains and deploys key proprietary knowledge assets. The Tech Sourcing SL serves client’s end to end Sourcing lifecycle, across various categories (e.g. IT services sourcing, Software/Hardware procurement, cloud procurement, digital and analytics etc.). One of our significant areas of client service revolves around helping clients in sourcing of IT services and products e.g. Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software and services incl. Software-as-a-Service (SaaS products).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will provide support to various client teams to help shape critical business decisions for our clients.
In this role, you will support the development of the cell’s content expertise (in IT contracting/procurement) and maintenance of capabilities (including assets, knowledge, tools, fact packs, case studies, primers) and deliver that expertise to both client serving teams and directly to clients.
You will work on client engagements in several ways as part of the client service team, leading a workstream in area of expertise and/or provide short-term support delivering key insights in content-focused questions.
You will partner with client service teams to understand knowledge needs and leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues and concepts to drive complex analyses to provide unique insights and deliver synthesized, actionable facts via end products (PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and framework) to our client serving teams and clients directly, as required.
You will have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. Additionally, you will collaborate and actively contribute to the workflow and activities within the global team around broader technology-related topics and also coach and develop colleagues.