IT Business Intelligence Developer / Analyst
The ideal candidate must fluidly transition between handling SSIS packages and data analysis while building reports and Dashboards. PowerBI and Tableau are our preferred platforms for Business Intelligence reports / Dashboards, and we are looking for an experienced individual to join this team. Strong experience with SQL Server Reporting services or a similar reporting tool. Mears, IT is a hybrid cloud and on-prem environment, and the ideal candidate must be comfortable with (or willing to learn quickly) Azure and AWS. Additionally, working in a team setting with developers who use DevOps, Scrum, and CICD is helpful. This position will report to IT Director.
What Do You Offer Us?
- 3+ years of experience in BI tools such as Reporting Services, PowerBI, Tableau, or similar tools.
- 3+ years of experience in SSIS, SSAS, SSRS components of SQL Server.
- 3+ years of experience building ETL data flows using SSIS, creating workflows/data mapping to extract or push data from/to SQL Server – design, develop, schedule, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
- 2 years of experience using Power Automate, Power Apps, UI Path
- 2 years of experience using Python with VS Code and Jupyter notebooks. Familiarity with the libraries – Numpy, Pandas, Mathplotlib SQLAlchemy, Pymssql and DBfread
- Strong experience using PowerBI and SSRS with the report designer, report manager, and report server. Experience in developing Enterprise reports, drill-down reports, linked reports, and charts using PowerBI.
- Familiarity using the following Tableau features: Parameters, bins, sheet swapping, combining fields, image, navigation, and download buttons
- Proficient in making DAX queries in Power BI desktop.
- Create dimension tables, measures, hierarchies, levels, cubes, and aggregations on MS OLAP/ Analysis Server (SSAS).
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Experience with cloud platforms such as Azure and AWS EC2, S3, etc.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server environment, query optimization, performance tuning of stored procedures is a big plus.
- Good understanding of database environments, online analytical processing (OLAP), and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Develop Cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS) and experience developing and Extending OLAP Cubes, Dimensions, and data source views.
- Any experience in SQL tools will be helpful.
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Experience in writing complex SQLs and Stored procedures
- Handling Dev and Prod environments and the promotion of code components between Dev & Prod.
- Experience handling enterprise security requirements such as reporting hierarchy, regional hierarchy for reports, and Dashboards will be helpful.
- Experience working in a SOX-compliant environment and keeping the environment compliant is a plus.
What We Offer You:
- Paid on-the-job technical and professional training
- Defined career path for future growth
- Competitive wages and industry-leading benefits, including Retirement Plan
What is Required?
- Experience with Database on-prem and Azure, with data handling through the database gateway, will be a plus.
- Good familiarity with developing in a Microsoft technical environment, including Windows Server admin and SQL Database administration.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting user requests and prioritizing the workload will be helpful.
- The job requires working with Remote & distributed users across the US. Experience communicating with users via phone/MS Teams etc., understanding their requirements, following SDLC cadence to deliver project requests on time is a plus.
- The ability to work with offshore teams is preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, challenging environment – accountable for your actions and able to take ownership of the BI environment, keep it healthy, and contribute to improving DW & BI (Power BI) in the company.
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills
Working Environment/Physical Demands:
General office physical demands can include: the ability to sit, stand, stoop, kneel, bend and walk. The ability to lift or carry up to 25 pounds. The ability to sit for sustained periods of time. The ability to demonstrate the manual dexterity necessary to operate a keyboard, calculator, and typewriter.