This site is for Residents of the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico.
Residents of other markets, please click here.
In April 2020, Merck announced plans to consolidate our New Jersey campuses into a single New Jersey headquarters location in Rahway, NJ by 2023. Therefore, this role will be temporarily based in a different NJ location and exact timing of the departmental move to Rahway, NJ will be communicated at a future date.
New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in customer facing commercial or research-based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Global Support Functions can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
We are committed to developing future finance leaders through our Finance MBA internship experience, a 10-week program that provides finance experience through project assignments, exposure to senior leaders, and networking opportunities.
Our finance team brings together our financial perspectives into our overall strategic and tactical decision making. We use state-of-the-art techniques for financial analysis, planning, accounting, reporting and performance evaluation. This allows the organization to continue advancing medical innovation and improve lives
Program Overview & Responsibilities
By joining the MBA Finance Internship Program, individuals will gain an understanding how our company is fulfilling its purpose of inventing medicines to improve people’s lives. Finance MBA Interns will participate in a 10-week program focused on practical, hands on experience in a Finance role which may include analyzing; forecasting, reporting, and analyzing operating results; operational risk management and process improvement consulting; managing currency and other financial risks; or other roles in key Finance business processes.
In addition to practical experience, the intern program includes developmental opportunities and exposure to Senior Finance leadership. At the end of the internship, interns given the opportunity to present their summer experience to a panel of Finance professionals including but not limited to our Finance Senior Leaders.
Internships are primarily located in our NJ and PA office locations. For roles eligible for remote or hybrid work, candidates must be located within the United States for the entirety of the assignment.
As part of the MBA Finance Internship Program , you will gain the opportunity to innovate in a changing world through:
- EXPERIMENTING – We challenge the way we work every day as our Senior Leaders are committed to continually evaluating new ways of working through ideation and experimentation. Individuals will be part of a culture where every experiment is taken as a lesson learned which is part of the innovative process.
- EMPOWERING – You will learn how to evaluate business operations and processes to effectively complete day to day responsibilities and challenge the current ways of working. Individuals are empowered to develop their skill-set through a breadth of experience across corporate and client facing roles.
- NETWORKING – We will empower you to lead by giving you a plethora of networking opportunities. Individuals will have opportunities to attend lunch and learn presentations with senior leaders, participate in formal trainings, mentor programs and various activities with other colleagues across the organization.
- SHARING – We work to break down silos and share our knowledge to better connect people and data. Individuals will be challenged to critically problem solve, act as trusted advisors, and utilize data & analytic applications to provide business insights.
- LEARNING – Our Rotational program takes pride in the formal training, on the job learning, formal performance evaluations through real time feedback and independent learning to create a learning culture that is a continuous journey, not a destination
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled as a first year MBA student for the 2022-2023 academic year with a concentration in finance and at least (2) years of professional work experience.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for the length of the internship experience, beginning in June of 2023.
- Candidates must have demonstration of integrity within a professional work environment.
- Candidates must have a passion for our mission of saving and improving lives.
- Candidates must have strong teamwork skills and demonstrated leadership ability.
- Candidates must have a passion and commitment to learning.
- Candidates must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must have the ability to self-motivate and take responsibility for personal growth and development.
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with client and business process owners.
- Candidates must have a global mindset and work across boundaries.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are …
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world’s most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.