The Modern Life and Devices Team defines the consumer vision, product management, business plans and go-to-market strategy for the Microsoft Modern Life and Devices business. As one of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar revenue businesses, the area includes the Windows, Surface, M365, Microsoft Edge and Bing.
Microsoft Edge browser is critical to the Modern Life and Devices business. People spend more time browsing the Web on PCs than any other activity in desktop computing. This lead role focuses on the new browser that is leading the way in broad scale open-source adoption and driving customer centric product development redefining productivity, enhancing security on the web, and embracing inclusive design.
We’re looking for a product leader interested in a high impact role whose work touches hundreds of millions of customers across PC and mobile daily. If you are excited to work at the cutting edge of web innovation and shaping the evolution of the web, come join one of the most strategic teams at Microsoft facing one of the toughest competitive battlegrounds in tech.
We’re looking for a highly driven, high energy product leader to lead the Microsoft Edge product management and marketing team. You will be responsible for leading a talented team responsible for defining product strategy through customer data and insights, identifying target audience, defining success metrics, experimentation, and launch planning focused on driving adoption and growth. You will need to work across disciplines to drive a unified product vision and outcome. This is a highly visible role that requires driving thought leadership and executive alignment to deliver an impactful product experience that affects how people experience the web around the world.
• Develop and drive product and marketing strategies built on deep business, ecosystem, product, customer, and market understanding.
• Lead a team of highly talented product managers and marketers, set a positive tone for our culture, create clarity, generate energy, mutual respect, and drive impact.
• Define prioritization and product-market fit for fueling product momentum.
• Bring together multi-disciplinary teams from across the company to drive business outcomes that make Microsoft Edge the most successful browser on Windows, mobile and Mac.
• Drive alignment with key stakeholders across the company to drive business outcomes.
• Champion delivering a cohesive customer experience that strengthens Microsoft ecosystem through seamless cross-product integration.
• Live and breathe customer needs research and insights and help drive human-centered design process to ensure future solutions are grounded in real world challenges for customers.
• Ability to drive change with engineering counterparts and always represent the voice – needs – and unmet needs – of the customer. Deep understanding of customer needs, mindset, and value props.
• Leadership skills with a proven ability to partner across large organizations to develop compelling value propositions to help drive the business forward with definitive ROI.
• Being visible and influential to ensure maximum executive buy-in and support-and to focus mindshare and resources across Microsoft.
• Work with internal partners to execute on your strategies with passion, precision, and excellence.
• Think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions and energy through storytelling.
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and working across complex organizations.
• Being a trusted advisor to engineering and marketing partners, anticipating potential obstacles and proactively working to deliver solutions.
• 8+ years of product management, product marketing, or related experience.
• Experienced people leader who develops talent and values diverse voices, cultivates a healthy team culture, and deploys a team effectively for outsized impact.
• Demonstrated analytical skills, creative thinking/developing innovative ideas, and experience in designing new complex user flows.
• Exceptional storyteller able to craft product story for different customer segments, as well as telling the story behind the numbers to move senior executives and the broader organization.
• Experience working across complex organizational boundaries to drive impact in a collaborative manner.
• Strong collaboration, analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
• Proven ability to build productive relationships with both technical, design and marketing teams.
• Experience with various consumer research methods, identifying insights and recommending data-based solutions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• MBA preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.