As the fastest growing business application in Microsoft’s history, Teams is redefining how our customers collaborate and communicate. Teams addresses the needs of a diverse workforce by providing a hub for collaboration. It brings together multiple communication methods of chat, messaging, calling, and meetings, along with document collaboration, plus third-party and custom line-of-business apps.
As customers rely on Teams for collaboration, it increasingly becomes a place where their business-critical content is created, consumed, and shared. Therefore, customers expect Teams to provide them with industry-leading information security and corporate compliance capabilities. We need to enable collaboration and productivity while applying the appropriate safeguards to keep content secure, prevent accidental or unauthorized information disclosure, and while enabling customers to assure that they remain compliant with applicable industry regulations and corporate policies.
We have an opportunity to truly differentiate Teams as the most secure and trustworthy collaboration platform. We are looking for a self-starting, entrepreneurial Principal Program Manager Lead who will manage a team to shape the future of secure and trustworthy collaboration in Teams.
We are a dynamic and agile team in the Microsoft Teams product group. We have an open, respectful, and empowering culture, and you will have plenty of opportunity to work directly with our customers and leadership.
- Manage, mentor, and lead a team of highly skilled Program Managers to envision and deliver our feature roadmap to ultimately achieve our objectives.
- Establish our objectives, key results, and product strategy to deliver business growth in this space.
- Identify new business growth opportunities and explore them with a combination of product and business model innovation.
- Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and challenges, competitive pressures, and business opportunity. Be the voice of the customer.
- Partner with other product teams across Microsoft to ensure strategy and execution alignment.
- Provide product and technical leadership in partnership with a team of highly passionate engineers. Drive clarity by writing papers, developing experiences, and writing specs that will illustrate the opportunity, develop the plan, and keep our team and our partner teams on the same page.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science, or Mathematics; supplemental business degrees (such as an MBA) a bonus
- 8+ years of product management, product design, customer empathy, and creative problem solving
- 3+ years of people management experience as a direct supervisor/manager
- Exceptional ability to negotiate and collaborate across teams and organizations
- Relentless focus on creating the best possible user experiences
- Pride in ownership and personal accountability for your product end-to-end
- Proactive and tenacious drive for results with a sense of urgency
- Strong technical aptitude, data focus, and analytical skills
- Ability to handle significant ambiguity and rapid change
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.