The Modern Life and Devices Team defines the consumer vision, product management, business plans and go-to-market strategy for the Microsoft Modern Life and Devices business. As one of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar revenue businesses, Microsoft Edge is critical to the Modern Life and Devices business. People spend more time browsing the Web on PCs than any other activity in desktop computing.
We’re looking for a product leader who is interested in a high impact role whose work touches hundreds of millions of customers across PC and mobile daily. If you are excited to work at the cutting edge of web innovation and shaping the evolution of the web, come join one of the most strategic teams at Microsoft facing one of the toughest competitive battlegrounds in tech.
In this role, you will identify audience segments, behaviors, and entry points, to optimize the user flows to drive engagement and retention. You will understand the gaps, opportunities, form hypotheses about actions that we can take to mitigate losses, run experiments, and launch solutions that drive lasting conversion. You will be responsible for partnering with engineering and business planning to glean insights from data, form hypotheses, and build innovative solutions pushing category expectations. This is a highly visible role that requires influencing without authority and cross team collaboration to deliver a cohesive, timely, and relevant product onboarding experience.
- Glean insights from customer feedback, market data, trends— identify DSAT, gaps, opportunity areas, and define the right audience segments and cohorts to solve for.
- Form, socialize, test, and evolve hypotheses to drive retention.
- Create and launch product experiences that will drive engagement and retention as part of the onboarding experience.
- Drive alignment with key stakeholders across the company to drive business outcomes.
- Drive change with engineering counterparts and always represent the voice – needs – and unmet needs – of the customer. Have a deep understanding of customer needs.
- Partner across teams to develop compelling value propositions to help drive the business forward with definitive ROI.
- Champion delivering a cohesive customer experience that strengthens Microsoft ecosystem through seamless cross-product integration.
- Work with internal partners to execute on your strategies with passion, precision and excellence.
- Think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions and energy through storytelling.
- Thrive with ambiguity and excel working across complex organizations.
- Be a trusted advisor to engineering and marketing partners, anticipate potential obstacles and proactively deliver solutions.
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience working and influencing across organizational boundaries and executives to drive impact.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, creative thinking/developing innovative ideas, and experience in designing new complex user flows.
- Exceptional storyteller able to craft product story for different customer segments, as well as telling the story behind the numbers to move senior executives and the broader organization.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to drive impact in a collaborative manner.
- Strong collaboration, analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
- Proven ability to build productive relationships with both technical, design and marketing teams.
- Experience with various consumer research methods, identifying insights and recommending data-based solutions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- MBA preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.