Are you looking to grow as an all-round marketer? Do you love working across a wide variety of stakeholders and many disciplines? Are you looking to flex your creative muscles to grow our business through new and inventive ways? If yes, come join the Microsoft Edge Growth team, within the Microsoft Edge GTM org. In this role you will help drive growth through disruptive, out-of-the-box initiatives and 3rd party partnerships to ultimately help us win share. The Senior Product Marketing Manager for Microsoft Edge Growth, is a role that calls on your strengths as a creative marketer who can understand and appreciate the history of Microsoft and the browser space, and can apply your creative thinking to what could be, as we continue to drive growth for the new Microsoft Edge browser by identifying ways to partner with external companies to help propel our business further, and identify opportunities within our own ecosystem to drive growth.
The Microsoft Edge GTM team, sits within a broader division – the Modern Life, Search & Devices Team. The Modern Life and Devices Team defines the consumer vision, product management, business plans and go-to-market strategy for the Microsoft Modern Life and Devices business. As one of the company’s largest multi-billion-dollar revenue businesses, the area also includes Windows, Surface, M365, Microsoft Edge and Bing. The Microsoft Edge browser is critical to the Modern Life and Devices business. People spend more time browsing the Web on PCs than any other activity in desktop computing. We are looking for someone who is interested in a high impact role, whose work touches hundreds of millions of customers across PC and mobile daily. If you are excited to work for one of Microsoft’s key strategic bets, and be at the cutting edge of web innovation, come join one of the most strategic marketing teams at Microsoft facing one of the toughest competitive battlegrounds in tech.
As a Senior Product Marketing Manager for the Microsoft Edge Growth team focused on Edge growth, you’ll be responsible for growing Edge share by: 1) defining and executing a plan to increase Edge share among new and existing Windows users, with special focus on subscribers of other Microsoft services, and 2) identifying opportunities to increase share and revenue through partnerships with 3rd party companies in the tech space, and beyond. Both areas offer untapped potential, allowing you to have a very impactful career. Additionally, you will be executing disruptive growth ideas end-to-end to grow Edge share and revenue. Working on one of the top bets for the company means this is a very challenging but rewarding space with a lot of growth potential – a true test of the skills you have developed thus far, with plenty of opportunity to make a mark as you develop new skills that will allow you to learn and grow. You will need to work across a multitude of stakeholders from marketing and business planning, to engineering and finance, to strategize, plan and execute your growth tactics and contribute to the overall Edge GTM goals. The ideal candidate is a trailblazer who has strong storytelling techniques, embraces creativity and someone who is not afraid to break convention and challenge the status quo, with a strong focus on experimenting, and thrives under ambiguous situations. You are someone who runs toward the challenge of growing consumer adoption and engagement– you love the opportunity to shift the current trendline into a hockey stick in a space that faces tough competition.
If change, and driving change, presents itself as an opportunity to you, you have the right mindset. If people, and leading people across teams, are a joy and a privilege to you, you have the right heart. Come mee
t our team and our leadership team that values integrity, direct communication, thoughtful decision-making, experimentation, and results. Join us on this wild and exciting ride!
As a successful member of this team, you will be required to:
- Plan, lead and execute x-company growth strategies, increase monthly active users, engaged usage and love for Microsoft Edge, as well as grow revenue.
- X-org and X-discipline management: you will have to work across multiple stakeholders and bring different POVs together to rally around a common goal.
- Program Management: end to end ownership of both strategy and execution in areas that present challenges but have a lot of potential for incremental growth and revenue.
- Out-of-the-box thinking: growth ideas must be new and exciting, challenge the status quo, disrupt the fixed mindset approach to traditional growth avenues.
- ROB and planning: gain expertise in how to run the business day-to-day rhythm, knowing the business inside out in order to make the best data-driven decisions.
- Live and breathe customer needs research and insights, with a deep understating of customer journeys and market positions.
- Develop innovative strategies, campaigns, and partnerships.
- Embraces collaboration with openness to input and perspectives of others.
- Creative, not afraid to break conventions and experiment to test, learn and refine.
- Provide positive energy and can-do attitude to creating smart marketing solutions to business outcomes.
- Create exceptional business partnerships with respective stakeholders to understand their business challenges, to be able to devise marketing programs that drive the intended business outcome.
- Comfortable with data-driven approaches to decision-making.
- You should have a track record of working with internal and external partners (inclusive of marketing agencies) to execute on your strategies with passion, precision, and excellence. You must think creatively about customer/business problems and generate innovative solutions and energy through storytelling. You must have the ability to deal with ambiguity and working across complex organizations.
- Ability to drive change with multiple teams and always represent the voice – needs – and unmet needs – of the customer.
- Experience with building growth pitches and developing new tactics and ideas to impact the business and OKRs.
- Proven ability to partner across large organizations to drive the business forward.
- 5+ years of product marketing, product management or related, marketing experience. Consumer segment and search/Web technologies preferred but not a must.
- Demonstrated creative thinking/developing innovative ideas, analytical skills.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to drive impact in a collaborative manner.
- Strong collaboration, analytical, critical thinking, and business strategy skills.
- Self-starter able to manage through highly ambiguous situations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (BS/BA) is preferred. MBA preferred but not required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.