- Prepare marketing, proposal and approval materials for clients and to support internal decision making processes.
- Work with senior SPO staff, relationship managers, treasury personnel, capital markets professionals, as well as various internal and external counsel to assess, structure and execute transaction opportunities.
- Assist in modifying/building risk assessment and transaction pricing tools; evaluate collateral structures, review transaction documents, analyze market opportunities.
- Assist in structuring various corporate asset finance products which may include large-ticket equipment loans/leases, asset based loans (ABL), and tax equity investments.
- Research and build technical knowledge of accounting, tax, legal and regulatory considerations.
- Prepare various periodic reports, such as, risk analysis reports, self-assessment report, credit exposure reports, and regulatory reports.
- Support the creation and maintenance of transactions supporting the operations and accounting teams with administration.
2) Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong quantitative and financial analysis abilities
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated advanced modeling utilizing Microsoft Excel including ‘clean sheet’ development; ability to learn other systems
- Exposure to foundational accounting, tax and legal concepts associated with corporate finance
- Highly organized; critically listen; ability to multi task
- Comfortable in flexible situations with tight deadlines
3) Minimum Job Requirements and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, mathematics, accounting, economics, engineering and/or other business related concentrations is required.
- 4-6 years of banking or commercial finance experience or recent MBA graduate with 3 years of prior analyst experience.
NOTE: This Job Description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Additionally, the contents of this Job Description may be modified or expanded by the Bank over time.
Must be able to work on-site at Mizuho’s office. Mizuho currently requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site (unless a legally-required accommodation or exemption has been approved).
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.