Equity Research – Industrials, Associate
The candidate will support the Senior Analyst covering Industrial –Chemicals, Specialty Chemicals, Packaging at Mizuho Securities, located in NY. Key responsibilities include gathering and analyzing industry information, financial modeling, and writing reports on the chemical and packaging sectors and on companies under coverage. Candidates should be able to clearly communicate investment ideas and industry information to internal sales team and external investors.
- Building dynamic industry models consisting of integrated Income Statement/Balance Sheet/Cash Flow Statements
- Writing research reports, including company initiations, industry thought pieces, and earnings recaps
- Sourcing alternative data sets and simplifying and summarizing relevant industry and company information for inclusion in research reports
- Conducting proprietary research evaluating the competitive landscape, and analyzing industry/company news
- Creating and maintaining relationships with industry contacts
- Helping senior analyst prepare for marketing events and conferences
- Highly motivated professional with a thirst for knowledge and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills using Excel
- Ability to write clearly and concisely
- Effective oral communication skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to function independently while maintaining a collegial and collaborative approach to working with other team members
- Minimum of two years related work experience. Prior, direct experience in the Chemical and/or packaging industries and/or sellside or buyside equity research is a plus
- An advanced degree (MBA) or CFA and / or Series 7, 63, 86 and 87 licenses is a plus
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience and capabilities
Must be able to work on-site at Mizuho’s office. Mizuho currently requires employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work on-site (unless a legally-required accommodation or exemption has been approved).
Mizuho Americas is a leading financial institution comprising several legal entities, which together offer clients corporate and investment banking, financing, securities, treasury services, asset management, research and more. Mizuho’s operations in the Americas connect a broad client base of major corporations, financial institutions and public sector groups to local markets and a vast global network. Mizuho Americas is an integral part of the Japan-based Mizuho Financial Group, Inc. (NYSE: MFG), which is comprised of offices in nearly 40 countries, approximately 60,000 employees, and assets of more than USD 1.8 trillion. Learn more at mizuhoamericas.com.
Mizuho offers a competitive total rewards package.
We are an EEO Employer – M/F/Disability/Veteran.