Moelis & Company Analysts are expected to assume significant levels of responsibility requiring intellectual curiosity, motivation and analytical aptitude. Day-to-day responsibilities of an Analyst include: financial analysis and modeling, company and industry research, preparing client presentations and interacting with senior bankers and clients.
- Supports senior managers in origination activities including (but not limited to): preparing historical and projected financial statements, provide analysis of financial implications of mergers and acquisitions and conducting public & private valuation analysis for major corporations
- Involved in execution activities, including basic responsibilities such as data gathering, analysis and material preparation, as well as taking responsibility for managing standard processes such as preparing deal documentation
- Builds and applies valuation models based on financial research & analysis including comparable company analysis, discounted cash flow analysis and comparable acquisitions analysis
- Prepares analytical materials to support necessary credit, compliance, engagement committee and balance sheet approvals
- Conducts corporate operations reviews, portfolio analytic reviews and prepare risk/return valuations
- Gathers and processes market share data and shareholder and investor profile
Required Skills & Experience:
- Results driven and able to perform well under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and numerical skills that put you at ease with financial data
- Proven team player who is able to effectively interact with a wide variety of internal groups and clients
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Strong Microsoft Office suite (Excel a must) and financial reporting skills
- Undergraduate degree; focus in finance, business, accounting, economics, mathematics is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for employment opportunities without regard to race, age, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, citizenship status, genetic information, disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and any other applicable law), or any other characteristic or status protected under any applicable US, state or other law.