2023 Finance Summer Analyst Program (Baltimore)
Summer Analysts join for 10 weeks in June and are placed on a team within the Finance division. They will receive an intensive hands-on introduction to Finance at Morgan Stanley and broad exposure to the various functions across Finance.
The Summer Analyst Program begins with a one-day firmwide orientation, followed by a markets overview and business unit specific training. The remainder of the training is on the job. Throughout the Summer, Analysts participate in: senior management speaker seminars, a group project, community service, and social and networking events to build Summer Analysts’ professional networks.
Role and Responsibilities
• Become part of a high-performing team delivering first class reporting and analysis to our Business Units, Senior Management and Regulators.
• Work collaboratively to ensure the integrity of Morgan Stanley’s books and records.
• Provide reporting and analysis for Business Units, Senior Management and Regulators.
• Continuously improve or enhance processes for increased control and/or efficiency.
• Develop an understanding of Finance terminology and divisional structure.
• Partner with other summer analysts on a group project, proposing a process improvement or a solution to a business challenge.
Qualifications and Skills
• You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics or a related major.
• You are graduating between December 2023 and May 2024
• Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
• Excellent leadership, analytical and communication skills.
• Team player who can work in a collaborative environment.
• Attention to detail, exercise sound judgment and can handle sensitive information with discretion.
• Strong time management and multitasking skills to help balance multiple responsibilities and projects across competing priorities and deadlines.
• Problem solving skills and the ability to streamline processes in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Driven, highly motivated and results-focused.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
This role requires that all successful applicants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccinations within 3 days of commencement of employment.
Application Process and Deadlines (Baltimore)
In order to be considered, candidates must apply at www.morganstanley.com by September 19, 2022.