The Business Development and Financial Analyst provides financial and analytic support to evaluate and advance strategic and business development initiatives. Analyze internal and external data, create multi-year proformas, develop business plans and track results.
This is a Monday-Friday position. Hours likely 8-4:30 pm or 8:30-5 pm.
- Gather quality assurance, and maintenance of departmental data sets such as market data, and consumer research data.
- Manage a variety of fast-paced Health System projects to support strategic and business development initiatives;
- Provide financial and analytic support to meet the identified needs of administrative and clinical leadership throughout the System;
- Assess market position by analyzing internal and external environments and translating analyses into meaningful information that can be used to facilitate decision-making to ensure strategic positioning in a competitive market.
- Create business plans for growth and development initiatives.
- Create trackers once initiatives are implemented and executed.
- Frequently communicate project status and concerns
- Support patient care and business management through the management of data analyses and financial analyses. Knowledge of various utilization, demographic, market and finance data sources is critical to success. Knowledge of hospital and practice work flows is desirable.
- Develop presentations for organization leadership on various strategic topics and trends and business issues. Communicate these findings effectively in both written and verbal format.
- Develop business proformas and business plans for new / development opportunities. Demonstrate knowledge and skills with forecasting and finance principles.
- Educate the business about the contents of dashboards and reports.
- Evaluate and summarize weekly / monthly project(s) reports, identifying successful completions of milestones and deliverables, change management process and any problems or issues and any follow-up action required. Communicate status, issues and risks effectively to client and internal team members.
- Create and maintain strong, resilient relationships with individuals at a variety of levels at the client organization and within internal teams inside of Nemours.
- Work very closely with the Department Administrators, NEI, Finance and FL business planner team.
- Regular attendance is required.
- Good communications skills are required.
- Maintain skills in technology platforms as they evolve over time within Nemours.
- Use Continuous Improvement principles, methods and tools to improve efficiency and effectiveness of Strategy and Business Development processes.
- Stay abreast of major trends in the healthcare industry and in the disciplines of strategic and business planning to effectively adopt leading business practices that promote high performing departments.
- Participate in internal organizational strategic planning and strategy management meetings.
- Knowledge and understanding of local, regional and national health care market trends a plus.
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in finance business administration, mathematics, statistics, health administration and / or related experience
- Minimum 1 – 3 years job related experience required.
- Analytically oriented; healthcare experience preferred.