Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you’re driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We’re in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
We are embarking on an exciting journey of transformation- transforming how we think, how we do things, how we run our business, and how we impact our world. We are rewriting some of the old rules and embracing a fresh way of working as we aspire to reach our maximum potential and achieve our boldest goals.
This position’s role is to use high impact insights to influence and drive strategic and tactical actions to win in the marketplace. The Manager, Shopper Consulting will be a strong voice of ecommerce market intelligence and shopper insights across the NUSA organization, with superior skills in employing syndicated data and custom research to build impactful points-of-view.
Leadership & Consulting
- Serve as the customer and shopper “navigator” by providing thought leadership to Sales and Marketing by providing a holistic view of the Omni shopper & ecommerce marketplace
- (+/-65% of time) Drive initiative on insight generation from syndicated research/market data, (e.g. IRI, panel data, shopper loyalty, Numerator) to help develop stronger understanding of key growth opportunities and what is required to win
- Help business understand what is happening in our categories in the ecommerce marketplace (with eRetailers and platforms), to help them prioritize where their interests lie in understanding the ‘why behind the what’
- Drive Omni knowledge and activation for business through secondary research
- Help curate a new level of ecommerce expertise on secondary data across Marketing and Sales stakeholders
- (+/- 35% of time) Drive initiative on insight generation from custom research to help drive more why understanding and evaluate strategies for winning with ecommerce shopper at key eRetailers
- The ‘why’ is understood through the primary, custom research with qualitative and quantitative studies
- Frame, Design, Analyze and Present studies
- Help drive strategies to win at customer by gathering deeper insights on the shopper, customer frame of reference, barriers/enablers along the path to purchase
- Create ecommerce shopper and retailer empathy/understanding across the business team by clearly articulating and embedding existing understanding and identifying actionable learning needs
- Use transparent, strategy-aligned criteria to assess the value of projects to the business
- Collaborate across the Market Intelligence function to leverage our scale and increase speed via effectiveness (best practices internally and externally, integrated knowledge) and efficiencies (standardized, consistent across NUSA, optimized cost base)
- Elevate/redefine medium-value requests and eliminate or outsource low-value requests
- Tap people’s natural motivations to share insights with peers and increase the “portability” of insights to enable wider sharing
- Performance will be measured on the ability to change thinking, influence decisions and business strategy
Develop Scalable Insights
- Effectively communicate and embed learning to increase the impact of insights into action by making them relevant to the business strategy
- Add value to knowledge sharing by connecting the dots about the ecommerce shopper and retailer and traditional channel behavior for a true Omni perspective
- Proactively pursue opportunities for impact by systematically seeking and exploiting opportunities to leverage research/learning on high-value topics unseen or ignored by business partners and use influence to activate those opportunities
- Focus on establishing business partners’ decisions and aligning the research agenda to them, then tailor communications of research findings to support upcoming decisions
- Develop and consistently review ecommerce learning plan to identify the most impactful areas of learning across the business
- Create and communicate insights-based recommendations that provide opportunities to impact the ecommerce shopper decision in the store and provide value to both NUSA and the customer
- Identify the essential “business drivers” by finding the common ground between strategic priorities and the most commonly asked about topics
Budget & Vendor Management
- Manage projects within approved budget
- Consistent and ongoing evaluation of new suppliers to drive understanding of changing dynamics of marketplace
- Provide suppliers with access to all information available to ensure intimacy with NUSA
- Leverage strategic assets to create a non-monetary, reciprocally valuable relationship with suppliers, motivating above-and-beyond support and true partnership
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
- B.A./B.S. in Marketing, Economics, Psychology, or Sociology required. Relevant Master’s degree or MBA strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of marketing research experience in a consumer packaged goods company with at least five (2) years in ecommerce Shopper Insights or Retail/Customer-facing role
- Candidate must possess a strong drive for results with a passion for the consumer and marketing
- Possess a business-owner vs. researcher mindset, being motivated and vested in big picture impact of research and insights.
- Amazon experience a plus.
- Project Execution &ndash Leading &ndash Managing budget, suppliers, research execution, and adhering to interim and final deadlines
- Business Problem Solving &ndash Applying &ndash Diagnosis and framing the problem, business knowledge and acumen, recommendation development
- Consumer Empathy &ndash Applying – Can articulate basic behaviors and motivations of consumers
- Strategic Thinking &ndash Applying &ndash Creates short-term marketing tactics that support long-term strategies and brand vision
- Self-Development &ndash Leading &ndash Seeking opportunities to self-educate proactively (new methodologies and techniques, business acumen, and general research and business news)
- Communication &ndash Applying &ndash Tailoring content and purposeful communication
- Influence &ndash Applying &ndash Active listening, negotiation, persuasion and courage
- Methodology Expertise &ndash Leading &ndash Selecting appropriate, diverse methodologies in designing research studies and trying new things when appropriate
- Insight Generation &ndash Applying &ndash Inductive reasoning, creativity, risk tolerance, and business judgement
- Knowledge Agenda Development &ndash Applying &ndash Identify broad themes or learning gaps for future research based on accumulated knowledge
Nestlé Leadership Framework Key Competencies:
- Proactive Cooperation, Impact & Convince Others, Curiosity, Results Focus, Innovation
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.