Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee and tea. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon, and Teavana, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we are fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we are creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we will brew remarkable things!
Joining our team as a Senior Associate, Brand Marketing means you’ll get to drive marketing communication and product renovation strategies for our Chameleon Coffee new packaged coffee and ambient cold brew business, fueling Nestlé Coffee Partners’ continued growth. The person in this role will lead our core portfolio awareness and trial-driving marketing programs across OMNI channels (down the grocery store aisle, through e-retail, and direct-to-consumer), delighting consumers wherever, whenever and however they like to shop.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Identifying and implementing initiatives to improve consumer relevance or financial delivery of existing products through optimization of cost, product performance, packaging, or price-pack architecture.
• Leading cross-functional teams in the ideation, creation and development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
• Defining product and innovation strategies reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
• Creating and maintaining platform/product positioning, guardrails, and innovation roadmap.
• Monitoring the marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
• Driving product strategy and commercialization against operating plans and budgets by analyzing product performance vs. expectations and providing meaningful action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
• Developing and managing product-line business plans, crafting the business case for new products and programs to support growth and profitability targets, and making recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, and packaging.
• Managing cross functional teams and timelines to deliver products and integrated programs.
• Identifying learning needs and briefing qualitative and quantitative research plans to develop key findings and recommended actions.
• Developing strategic plans for the product-line business, integrating data, insights, and cross-functional inputs to create strategies and plans that deliver growth and profitability targets.
• Developing and managing integrated marketing plans for brand and product initiatives. Determining marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
• Developing media and consumer promotion plans with agency teams; building marketing strategies, identifies success criteria, and briefs agencies, reviewing tactical plans against marketing mix analytics and ongoing measurement.
• Leading consumer positioning, creative brief development, and all-agency creative briefing. Evaluating creative concepts and effectively provide creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
• Leading regular updates on marketing initiative performance versus expectations and recommends optimization.
Summary of Experience:
• At least 5+ years of progressive experience in product or brand management
• 3-5+ years experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management and leading the development of new/existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
• 3-5+ years experience leading cross-functional teams
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of US military experience required
• Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, MBA preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written, verbal communications and problem-solving skills; consistently uses these skills to influence others to achieve goals
• Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines and work both independently and as collaborator
• Solid understanding of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management
• Build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group; rocognizes the importance of solid relationships
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.