Nestlé Coffee Partners (NCP) is on a mission to elevate how our consumers experience coffee and tea. With brands like Starbucks, Nescafe, Chameleon, and Teavana, our diverse product portfolio is brimming with rich and fulfilling opportunities for motivated individuals passionate about sharing their love of coffee and the moments it creates. Our Seattle office provides an inspiring and high-energy work environment that fuels our fast-paced growth, and our flexible, field-based positions across the country ensure that we are fully immersed and positioned to pioneer the coffee market. Across our organization, we are creating a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Together, we will brew remarkable things!
Job Summary and Mission
The Sr. Associate, Brand Marketing for Starbucks K-Cup contributes to Nestlé Coffee Partners’ success by leading integrated business management and driving growth through the development of new products and consumer marketing programs. Identifies opportunities for new products, develops strategic assessments, leads product strategy, develops marketing strategies and plans, and manages the product performance against operating plans and budgets to achieve Nestlé Coffee Partners financial and business objectives.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Drives product strategy and commercialization against operating plans and budgets by analyzing product performance vs. expectations and providing meaningful action plans to address variances in performance against annual plan.
• Develops and manages product-line business plans, crafts the business case for new products and programs to support growth and profitability targets, and makes recommendations regarding product objectives and strategy, positioning, pricing, and packaging.
• Manages cross functional teams and timelines to deliver products and integrated programs.
• Identifies learning needs and briefs qualitative and quantitative research plans to develop key findings and recommended actions.
• Develops strategic plans for the product-line business, integrates data, insights, and cross-functional inputs to create strategies and plans that deliver growth and profitability targets.
Marketing & Promotions:
• Develops and manages integrated marketing plans for brand and product initiatives. Determines marketing plan objectives, strategy, messaging, marketing mix, and tactics.
• Develops media and consumer promotion plans with agency teams. Builds marketing strategies, identifies success criteria, and briefs agencies. Reviews tactical plans against marketing mix analytics and ongoing measurement.
• Leads consumer positioning, creative brief development, and all-agency creative briefing. Evaluates creative concepts and effectively provides creative feedback to internal and external agencies.
• Leads regular updates on marketing initiative performance versus expectations and recommends optimization.
• Identifies and implements initiatives to improve consumer relevance or financial delivery of existing products through optimization of cost, product performance, packaging, or price-pack architecture.
• Leads cross-functional teams in the ideation, creation and development of new products and product-related marketing opportunities, from concept to commercialization.
• Defines product and innovation strategies reflecting competitive and consumer trends and market needs.
• Creates and maintain platform/product positioning, guardrails, and innovation roadmap.
• Monitors the marketplace for new product innovations, competitors, lifestyle trends and emerging technologies.
Summary of Experience:
• At least 5+ years of progressive experience in product or brand management
• 3-5 years experience in a role supporting marketing, brand management or product management and leading the development of new/existing products or strategies from conception to implementation
• 3-5 years experience leading cross-functional teams
• Bachelor’s degree or 4+ years of US military experience required
• Master’s degree in Business, Marketing, MBA preferred
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent written, verbal communications and problem-solving skills; consistently uses these skills to influence others to achieve goals
• Ability to confidently present objectives and desired outcomes to leadership and cross functional teams
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines and work both independently and as collaborator
• Solid understanding of financial planning, forecasting, assortment planning and inventory management
• Build a level of trust and respect amongst peer group. Recognizes the importance of solid relationships
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.