NB Private Equity is leading private equity platform within Neuberger Berman with over $80 billion of investor commitments. NB Alternatives continues to grow rapidly and is actively investing. The Associate will work across the platform in the following complementary strategies:
- Private Investment Portfolio: Creating portfolios of private equity funds within multiple asset classes, including large and mid cap buyouts, growth equity, venture capital, and distressed investments.
- Direct Co-Investment: Building a diversified portfolio of direct private equity investments by co-investing in private companies alongside premier financial sponsors
The position provides an opportunity to work across a leading private equity platform in the areas listed above in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment with constant interaction with the most senior members of the team. In addition to these existing funds, the group manages other private equity-related fund strategies and products.
- Conducting due diligence on primary fund investments and co-investment opportunities including industry and company research
- Performing in-depth valuation analysis of private companies and private equity portfolios
- Assisting with the preparation of due diligence materials, screening and investment committee memos
- Attending meetings with partners of premier private equity firms
- Managing deal log and perform deal monitoring analysis
- Supporting fund marketing and existing client requests
- Participating in special projects such as product development and asset allocation analyses
- Must have excellent academic credentials (both undergraduate school and GPA)
- Must have strong technical foundations in corporate finance and accounting
- Must have strong quantitative abilities, including experience in financial modeling and valuation
- Must have strong judgment, critical thinking and written skills; ability to articulate and present ideas effectively both orally and in written form
- Must show initiative and creativity in approach to problem solving; demonstrated experience in conducting research and interacting with others to develop solutions
- Must have ability to multi-task with a fine-tuned attention to detail
- Must have team-player attitude and a desire to work on a wide range of projects
Neuberger Berman is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The Firm and its affiliates do not discriminate in employment because of race, creed, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, citizenship status or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact email@example.com.
Learn about the Applicant Privacy Notice.