15. The number of potential blockbuster launches planned by 2024!
At Novartis, we are reimagining medicine to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible.
Your key responsibilities:
Your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage all Medicaid contracting responsibilities including the initiation, administration and monitoring of all State Program and Supplemental Discount agreements.
• Serve as the key contact with US Managed Markets and Oncology Market Access for all Medicaid bid and contracting activities.
• Will be the key point of contact for all relevant ad hoc analytics including Authorized Generic and Medicaid legislative proposal assessments
• Will be the key point of contact with various departments and customers including states, account mgmt., policy, market access, legal counsel, government pricing and contract administration to report on critical information and provide insight relating to the Medicaid segment.
• Manage the preparation of the pre-deal financial review package of contracting proposals used for senior management approval. Performs regular post-deal evaluation and benchmarking of supplemental contracts to ensure profitability.
• Will be the key point of contact with MMF BPA for all Medicaid forecasting and accrual management activities.
• Gather documentation to support periodic internal and external audits.
• Responsibility for SOX documentation and complying with SOX & and audit requests.
Diversity & Inclusion / EEO
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive workplace that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration and empowers our people to unleash their full potential.
What you’ll bring to the role:
• A Bachelor’s degree is required (Finance or Accounting major preferred). MBA preferred.
• 7+ years of total business experience in Finance, Accounting, or Government related roles required
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with emphasis on utilizing business processes and technology to solve business problems required
• Strong team player with focus on collaboration and knowledge-sharing across multiple departments required
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to successfully interact within all levels of the corporation required
• Pharmaceutical industry experience. A working knowledge of government regulations pertaining to Medicaid
• Ability to think strategically and support innovation and agility around proactive risks identification and mitigation
769 million lives were touched by Novartis medicines in 2020, and while we’re proud of this, we know there is so much more we could do to help improve and extend people’s lives.
We believe new insights, perspectives and ground-breaking solutions can be found at the intersection of medical science and digital innovation. That a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment inspires new ways of working.
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what’s possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
Novartis is committed to building an outstanding, inclusive work environment and diverse team’s representative of the patients and communities we serve.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to hear more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https//talentnetwork.novartis.com/network