Oppenheimer & Co. (NYSE: OPY) is a diversified financial services firm, offering a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management capabilities from 92 offices in major financial centers in the United States and with Investment Banking and Trading Desks in London, Hong Kong and Tel Aviv. Oppenheimer employs nearly 3,000 people.
Our Investment Banking Team is committed to providing in-depth industry knowledge and delivering creative, market-based strategies to clients in all major industries, with a specific focus on Consumer and Retail, Energy, Financial Institutions and Real Estate, Healthcare, Industrial Growth and Services, Rental Services, Technology, Media and Communications as well as Transportation and Logistics. Our product groups include Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Debt Advisory & Restructuring. This combination of industry and product groups enables the firm to deliver advice, strategies and capital with a universal banking approach to our targeted client – high growth, entrepreneurial, middle market companies.
Our Investment Banking Debt Advisory & Restructuring team is actively looking for experienced Analysts, Associates and VP’s for our Dallas office. The candidates will be working closely with senior members of the Debt Advisory & Restructuring Group to advise companies, creditors and other stakeholders in evaluating Strategic Alternatives, including Special Situations Financing, Liability Management, M&A and Restructuring.
- Lead day-to-day transaction execution under direction of Managing Directors
- Lead pitch drafting as well as transaction marketing documents
- Coordinate and perform business due diligence and execute debt advisory and restructuring transactions, including direct client interaction and communication
- Conduct, review and oversee development of financial models, valuation analyses, research
- Build relationships and maintain direct contact with clients, prospective clients, and professional advisors
- Support new business and marketing initiatives as appropriate
- Train and mentor junior members on the team
- Prepare client presentations, draft offering memoranda, prepare internal committee memoranda, prepare management and board presentations and other materials for senior bankers as required
- Assess industry research and trends
- Experience in investment banking, specifically the restructuring sector
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Exceptional communication skills and executive presence, both verbal and written
- Elevated attention to detail and consistency in work product
- High degree of maturity, integrity, demonstrated leadership skills and work ethic
- Self-starting team player who excels in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, challenging work environment
- SIE 7, 79, 63 licenses required at time of hiring or shortly thereafter