Oppenheimer & Co. (NYSE: OPY) is a diversified financial services firm, offering a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management capabilities from 92 offices in major financial centers in the United States and with Investment Banking and Trading Desks in London, Hong Kong and Tel Aviv. Oppenheimer employs nearly 3,000 people.
Our Investment Banking Team is committed to providing in-depth industry knowledge and delivering creative, market-based strategies to clients in all major industries, with a specific focus on Consumer and Retail, Financial Institutions, Energy, Healthcare, Industrial Growth and Services, Rental Services, Technology, Media and Communications as well as Transportation and Logistics. Our product groups include Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Restructuring and Special Situations Advisory. This combination of industry and product groups enables the firm to deliver advice, strategies and capital with a universal banking approach to our targeted client – high growth, entrepreneurial, middle market companies.
Position available for immediate hire.
Our Healthcare Equity Capital Markets team is actively looking for a Junior Analyst for our New York office. Our ECM team provides Analysts with a high level of responsibility and extensive access to senior management and clients. The ECM transaction teams are typically small in size, providing Analysts with significant responsibilities and opportunities to develop their knowledge and skills early in their career.
- Prepare complex financial analysis on companies looking to execute an equity capital raise
- Prepare client pitch materials evaluating the most beneficial structure for an equity capital raise
- Evaluate current and historical market data to support recommendations to clients
- Support the preparation of detailed memoranda and presentations describing the key attributes of client companies
- Research and maintain databases of key healthcare investors
- Manage the execution of equity offerings and communicate with the client’s Management team
- Participate in various marketing and recruiting activities of the firm
- Experience using MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Sales driven mentality with a strong capital markets acumen
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Elevated attention to detail and consistency in work product
- Strong work ethic and team players
- Dealogic, Ipreo, CapIQ, PlacementTracker, Bloomberg, MS Office suite knowledge strongly preferred
- Series 7, 63, 79 licenses required at time of hiring or shortly thereafter