Oppenheimer & Co. (NYSE: OPY) is a diversified financial services firm, offering a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management capabilities from 92 offices in major financial centers in the United States and with Investment Banking and Trading Desks in London, Hong Kong and Tel Aviv. Oppenheimer employs nearly 3,000 people.
Our Investment Banking Team is committed to providing in-depth industry knowledge and delivering creative, market-based strategies to clients in all major industries, with a specific focus on Consumer and Retail, Energy, Financial Institutions and Real Estate, Healthcare, Industrial Growth and Services, Rental Services, Technology, Media and Communications as well as Transportation and Logistics. Our product groups include Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Leveraged Finance, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Restructuring and Special Situations Advisory. This combination of industry and product groups enables the firm to deliver advice, strategies and capital with a universal banking approach to our targeted client – high growth, entrepreneurial, middle market companies.
Position available for immediate hire.
We are looking for a candidate to fill a Junior Associate position in our Financial Institutions Group. Associates serve as critical members of the team, working directly with Managing Directors and Executive Directors as well as with Junior Bankers of all levels on pitches and engagements. The Associate will be given significant responsibility in transaction execution.
- Researching industry sector and capital markets insights
- Assessing comparable companies, precedent transactions and potential investors/buyers
- Preparing and reviewing complex financial analyses and models
- Crafting detailed memos, presentations and pitches
- Conducting due diligence investigations
- Coordinating group efforts for pitch and transaction related activity
- Presenting materials internally to senior bankers and externally to clients of the firm
- Training and mentoring Analysts within the team
- Prior work experience at a mid-market investment bank is a plus
- Experience with Specialty Finance and/or Asset Management verticals
- Successful candidates must have particularly strong quantitative, writing and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must hold an undergraduate degree from a top-tier university; MBA a plus
- Series 79 and 63 licensed