Oppenheimer & Co. (NYSE: OPY) is a diversified financial services firm, offering a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management capabilities from 92 offices in major financial centers in the United States and with Investment Banking and Trading Desks in London, Hong Kong and Tel Aviv. Oppenheimer employs nearly 3,000 people.
Our Investment Banking Team is committed to providing in-depth industry knowledge and delivering creative, market-based strategies to clients in all major industries, with a specific focus on Consumer and Retail, Financial Institutions, Energy, Healthcare, Industrial Growth and Services, Rental Services, Technology, Media and Communications as well as Transportation and Logistics. Our product groups include Equity Capital Markets, Debt Capital Markets, Mergers and Acquisitions as well as Debt Advisory & Restructuring. This combination of industry and product groups enables the firm to deliver advice, strategies and capital with a universal banking approach to our targeted client – high growth, entrepreneurial, middle market companies.
Position available for immediate hire.
Our Healthcare Services team is actively looking for a 1st Year Analyst for our Miami office. The candidate will be working closely with senior members of the Healthcare Group with opportunities to gain exposure to both sell side and buy side advisory as well as underwriting and placing equity and debt offerings for public and privately held companies.
- Preparing client presentations, drafting offering memoranda, preparing internal committee memoranda, preparing management and board presentations and other materials for senior bankers as required
- Transaction execution involving direct client interaction and communication
- Managing client due diligence processes
- Conducting extensive financial modeling and valuation
- Assessing industry research and trends
- Experience in investment banking
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills essential
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Elevated attention to detail and consistency in work product
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Organized and proactive
- Dealogic, CapIQ, Bloomberg and MS Office suite knowledge strongly preferred
- Series 63, 79 licenses and Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) Exam required at time of hiring or shortly thereafter