Risk Management Professionals at PayPal are highly motivated team players who specialize in analyzing fraud patterns and creating and adapting advanced fraud prevention mechanisms while focusing on the customer’s experience. Our scientists overcome challenges presented by big data, evolving fraud techniques and new payment technologies, by leveraging deep expertise in data analysis, advanced algorithms and story-based analytics. Ideal candidates are problem solvers, equipped with strong analytical skills, suited to approach varied challenges in complex environments. Adept at creative and critical thinking, they can deconstruct problems and transform personal insights into large scale, state-of-the-art solutions.
We work in a space that looks deeply into emerging fraud trends and the facilitation of opportunities that help the business in fueling growth and strategic decisions. You will be able to do it all in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibility, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovation. You will join a global team that is multi-disciplinary with a broad spectrum of industry experiences and deep analytical and quantitative expertise.
- Provide analytical insights into emerging problems, trends and portfolios
- Work closely with business partners and stakeholders to determine how to design analysis and measurement approaches that will significantly improve our ability to understand and address emerging business issues
- Bring data to life making it actionable and relevant to stakeholders through exploratory analysis of internal and external data sources using advanced and innovative analytical techniques, algorithms, and tools
- Provide regular updates to leadership, peers and other stakeholders that will simplify and clarify complex concepts and results of analyses with emphasis on actionable outcomes and impact on the business
- Proven ability to work independently and make good decisions with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skills – analyze complex data, draw accurate conclusions, and make business recommendations
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Word – familiarity working with SQL
- Experience in at least one data visualization tool (Tableau, Qlikview) will be a plus
- Proven ability to lead project(s) to conclusion within assigned timelines
- Ability to approach problems in a quantitative and qualitative manner, and partner with the business to understand their needs and drive solutions
Internship Program Information and Requirements:
- This is a Summer 2022 Internship program. Spring and Fall 2022 internships are not available at this time.
- Recruitment and application consideration will be on a continuous basis throughout Fall 2021 and early Winter 2022.
- Must currently be pursuing Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Math, or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Must be returning to school in the Fall of 2022.
- Must reside in the U.S. during the Summer internship program.
- Must be able to obtain authorization to work in the U.S. for the summer.
*Note – You are applying to a general Risk Management Intern position, not a specific open role. This job posting is an advertisement for all PayPal Summer Risk Management Internship opportunities that will be opened throughout the Fall and Winter but will not be posted directly to our career site. Students who apply to this position will be contacted by a recruiter if they are selected to interview for a specific intern role. At that point, the intern candidate will receive the specific position details for review.