Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life’s work?
The Analyst I serves as an internal consultant and information provider on a wide range of administrative, business, and clinical issues relevant to Penn Medicine leadership. The Analyst I plays a central role in the team’s operations and works with team members and other Penn Medicine stakeholders from problem statement framing through solution development to implementation to drive positive change in Penn Medicine.
• Drive analysis and insight development on assigned projects, including:
• Working with stakeholders across Penn functions to identify potential issues or opportunities and develop data-driven work plans to address them.
• Performing analysis and identifying and synthesizing key insights.
• Building consensus around key actions arising from their analysis.
• Preparing and delivering analysis to key stakeholders and leaders.
• Track and ensure delivery on a number of parallel requests.
• Act as an active team member, including mentoring of less experienced analysts.
• Support sharing of best practices across entities, service lines and departments.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 2+ years working in a Healthcare setting
• Master’s Degree is preferred
• Experience in the healthcare industry, ideally with a strong understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials, and major industry trends impacting health care providers is preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities
• Motivated, high-energy individual; anticipates and removes roadblocks to meet deadlines and deliver work products efficiently
• Ability to drive multiple projects with overlapping timeframes
• Can work effectively with a range of business, clinical, and academic leaders
• Strong project management skills are preferred
• Ability to translate complex information into simple explanations that everyone can understand is preferred
• Knowledge of /familiarity with national standards for quality, safety and healthcare standards is preferred
• Knowledge of/familiarity with change management, Lean Six Sigma, and process improvement terminology, tools, and process is preferred
• Ability to demonstrate innovative approaches in addressing business challenges that have not been solved by more traditional measures is preferred
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.