Imagine a world where you could detect health issues sooner to treat them more effectively. Where food and water are always safe, even in remote corners of the earth. And where scientific and medical research are enhanced to solve the greatest challenges of our times. At PerkinElmer, we imagine this world every day. Then, we innovate and collaborate to make it happen everywhere.
Our dedicated team of about 14,000 employees worldwide, pioneers scientific technologies for better detection, imaging, and informatics to help our customers work to create healthier families, improve the quality of life, and sustain the well-being and longevity of people globally.
If you are seeking a meaningful, impactful, and stimulating career, look no further.
PerkinElmer, Inc. is seeking a Data Analyst to join the Operational Excellence team. The Data Analyst will rely on their Python programming expertise, interpersonal skills, and lateral thinking capabilities while collaborating with a variety of stakeholders on multiple projects. As a member of the Operational Excellence team, the Data Analyst will gain excellent firsthand experience navigating the challenges of implementing analytics-driven capabilities in a large, multinational organization. The role is remote and, as such, requires both exceptional time management skills and the ability to make independent contributions despite, at times, high degrees of ambiguity. The Operational Excellence team is an adept, entrepreneurial team with a mandate to identify, validate, and execute analytics-oriented projects to improve business performance at the highest levels of the organization.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborating with a variety of stakeholders on multiple concurrent projects, gathering requirements, and writing user stories.
- Performing ad hoc analyses in Excel.
- Contributing code to established data analytics pipelines.
- Deploying new processes, procedures, and reports.
- Creating visualizations for decision-makers in the business.
- Designing processes around data accuracy, system synchronization and workflow visibility, and supporting the execution by troubleshooting process deviations and collaborating with IT to resolve issues.
- Identifying and quantifying gaps to close; preparing and proposing initiatives that will contribute to improved productivity and inventory turns, fulfillment speed, logistics costs, and usage of technology.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job at any time.
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- BA or BS degree in IT, Economics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Two years of experience in data analytics including Python programming using pandas.
- Three years of experience in data analytics, business intelligence, data engineering, etc.
- Python experience should include manipulating tens of thousands of records using pandas.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitHub.
- Two years in a client-facing consulting role.
- Experience gathering requirements from several stakeholders on multiple concurrent projects simultaneously. May be professional, research, consulting, pro bono, or personal projects.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, solve complex challenges, and operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience creating dashboards in a data visualization platform like Tableau, Power BI, Spotfire, etc.
- Expertise in advanced analytics, statistics, data science, or a related area.
- Fluent in English with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Highly motivated goal-oriented self-starter.
- Adaptable/Flexible: Being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations in a high-paced environment with changing needs.
- High Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high ethical, moral, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
Physical Requirements & Expectations:
- Working with a computer for extended periods.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.