Piper Sandler is currently seeking interns for our Fixed Income Services business line for Summer 2022 in New York, NY.
The Fixed Income Internship Program is a 10-week program. Opportunities are available in: Fixed Income Strategy & Analytics, Fixed Income Trading and Fixed Income Sales.
During the 10 weeks, you will attend a senior management and industry leader speaker series, desk teach-ins, engage in a community service project, mentorship program, performance review and partake in a final project with fellow interns.
Responsibilities may include:
- Develop an understanding of our client verticals and how they interact with various fixed income products
- Support financial strategies team with a variety of assigned projects
- Utilize a CRM to produce a variety of reports for sales management
- Utilize back office system, working with support groups
- Support sales team, learn how we sell products to firms
- Assist trading and underwriting teams, supporting all aspects of the new issue and secondary market process
- Assist with publication of weekly commentary
- This internship opportunity is open to undergraduate or graduate students who graduate in December 2022 or Spring 2023 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Interest in Finance but a major in Finance is not a requirement for employment
- While no prior knowledge of finance or sales & trading is required, you should possess a keen interest in the financial markets
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Comfortable knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and Tableau
- Detail oriented, strong work ethic, possess leadership skills but also know how to work on a team
COVID-19 Vaccine Policy
Effective October 1, 2021, Piper Sandler’s policy will require all employees and contractors working in a Piper Sandler office to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with limited exceptions for medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs. Should you have questions on Piper Sandler’s policy or wish to discuss an exception, please let your recruiter know. This policy is subject to change as the transmission rate of COVID-19 and other facts and circumstances evolve.