Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Global Head of Marketing for the Manufacturing business segment, you will work as an integral part of our global Industry Marketing team that manages the launch and demand generation for new and innovative software products and services solutions to the Food & Beverage and Consumer Packaged Goods (FB/CPG) industrial manufacturing market.
You will provide vision that defines GE Digital’s positioning within the FB/CPG industry. Your thought leadership will guide a content engine for customer, sales, and partner-facing material. You will funnel product requirements back to the product team and will also identify the appropriate ecosystem partners needed to win the industry segment. You will meet with analysts, speak at industry events, and engage directly with senior leadership at customer prospects. Success will depend on combining of deep industry knowledge with the ability to influence C-Level customers and prospects in support of GE’s direct and channel sales teams.
Note: This role is fully remote (work from home)
- Create, guide, and provide oversight of the creation of sales-ready messages and compelling value propositions that will be included in product collateral, proposal templates, customer case studies, eBooks/white papers, videos, web content/blogs, eBooks, ROI models and other sales tools to advance understanding and awareness of core product messages across the sales lifecycle; manage language translation as appropriate
- Help craft and evangelize the industry-specific value props for product launches, develop core positioning and playbooks, support strategic partners and demand generation programs
- Demonstrate expertise on the mindset of our buyers, how they buy and their buying criteria and transfer that knowledge to our sales teams, partners and prospects in effective and innovative ways. Maintain a high level of product expertise and field presence
- Develop market segmentation, including research and use cases
- Understand GE Digital’s markets and buyers (their needs, alternatives, buying process, etc.) to optimize how we drive buying decisions across the customer journey
- Work closely with product management to understand product strategies and roadmaps. Plan new product/capability launches and drive the cross-functional implementation of those plans to achieve desired business outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with internal teams, including product owners, marketing managers, channel managers, sales and service teams to own/ensure sales readiness and alignment worldwide – including participating in sales training sessions
- Build and maintain market knowledge. Track industry trends, processes, challenges, and opportunities. Identify competitive solutions’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Script and design standard product presentations and demos, working collaboratively with the sales, marketing, services and product teams
- Identify customer references for industry and customer referrals
- Assist Product Management / Development with focus groups, usability, or other market validation research as assigned
- Accountable for program, message and engagement performance
- A minimum of 6 years of professional experience (some software industry experience is a plus)
- Experience in B2B Marketing with a focus on the Food & Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods Industry
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or related field from an accredited university or college
- As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- Experience working in a Food & Beverage or Consumer Packaged Goods Company in a manufacturing, engineering, or operations leadership position – minimum of 6 years
- Considered a peer of senior leadership at customer firms
- Challenge program/product planning assumptions
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation
- Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
- Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/ services and alignment across functions and organizations
- Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.)
- Strong business analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
- Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
- Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Experience enabling sales success with field sales and inside sales teams
- Solid proof of presentation, writing, and general communication skills
- Good command of Microsoft tools (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Mastery of English required, fluency in other languages a plus.
- Enthusiastic, Committed, Dynamic Self-starter with strong business acumen who truly wants to build something great
- Flawless Integrity
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No