Calling all Project focused number crunchers! Precision For Medicine is growing and offering an exciting opportunity to help drive our continued growth as a Project Financial Analyst in Fredrick office!
Precision for Medicine develops assays and runs global logistics for Clinical Trials using biomarkers to stratify patients, incomparably improving R&D efficiency and success for our clients. We lead every aspect of clinical trials from sites to biomarkers to diagnostics, dramatically accelerating our clients pathway from proof of concept to drug approval.
The Biorepository at our Fredrick facility is pretty cool as it is one of the largest in North America and enables our pharmaceutical clients to take advantage of new advancements in science and stay ahead of regulatory changes.
At PFM working on the Project Finance team you will be responsible for supporting the operational project teams in financial matters from the Request for Proposal (RFP) through project budgeting to the closing of the project and creation in the project management system. Assists in developing project specific budgets. Other financial analysis and reconciliation as required.
Essential functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Support the science and project management teams in all financial areas associated with managing lab projects
- Assist with monthly revenue tracking and invoicing worksheet which drives client invoicing and revenue recognition
- Provide client finance teams with accruals, forecasting, and ad-hoc analyses
- Maintenance of monthly forecasting by project, which includes, revenue by type, project pass through costs, etc.
- Review project backlog quarterly in conjunction with Project Management and Operation teams
- Perform variance analysis comparing forecasted revenue to actual revenue identifying gaps, changes in scope, etc.
- Review work orders and change order budgets in comparison with actual activities in order to help identify out of scope activities
- Perform monthly Utilization Reporting, and Realization Reporting in tandem with the Project Directors/Project Managers
- Participate in financial discussions in the monthly project review meetings on an as-needed basis
- Provide support to the Finance team in the preparation of contract documents (statements of work and change orders)
- Work with the Accounting Team on a monthly basis in support of the financial close
- Collaborate with others in Finance to support overall department goals and objectives including implementation of company systems that directly impact project finance
- Responds to inquiries from the Controllers and Operations team regarding financial results, special reporting requests and ad hoc analyses relating to projects
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to improve workflows and internal controls
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance or related business field
- 1-2 years prior experience in project financial reporting along with a working knowledge of the accounting cycle, project budgeting, financial project management support, and financial contract review
- Working experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue accounting, general ledger, bank reconciliations, integrated accounting software packages, strong Excel / PC skills and able to thrive in a multi-tasking environment
- Flexibility and willing to work on multiple assignments of varying tasks with personnel at all levels of the organization
- Ability to learn quickly. Good oral and written communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to connect and build relationships with management and others throughout the organization
- Exhibits self-motivation, and is able to work and plan independently as well as in a team environment
- Team player with a desire to be an active, long-term participant in the growth of the company
- Must be able to read, write, speak fluently and comprehend the English language
- Experience in project management, FP&A and/or consulting
- Experience with Infor/PSA or other sophisticated ERP project management platform