As an investment MBA intern at Progressive Capital Management (PCM), you’ll be exposed to a variety of problems and challenges while handling real responsibilities for current business needs. You’ll analyze an industry or series of companies in a stand-alone project culminating into a group presentation. Over the course of your internship, you’ll connect with junior and senior team members while learning about various investment sectors. You’ll also learn about our approach to how we trade, construct our portfolio and value securities.
Many MBA graduates have joined PCM as research analysts upon graduation. In this full-time role, you’ll independently conduct fixed income research projects, make investment recommendations, and analyze investment results for Progressive’s investment subsidiary. PCM is responsible for the formulation and execution of Progressive’s investment strategy and consists of a small group of investment professionals in Norwalk, CT. Part of the country’s third largest insurance company, PCM manages a fixed income portfolio currently in excess of $40 billion and manages on a total return basis.
When: Summer 2022 (June-August)
- Actively pursuing an MBA degree (strong preference for spring/summer 2022 completion)
- At least two to three years of business experience
- Demonstrated interest in corporate finance, accounting, and fundamental investment analysis
- Knowledge of current events and major macro-economic developments
- Exposure to fixed income markets, bond math, yield curve dynamics and/or corporate credit analysis
- Ability to present information in an organized and clear fashion in both verbal and written communications
Compensation & benefits
- $62.50/hou ($5,000/bi-weekly)
- Organized social activities to connect with company interns and professionals
- Mentorships, continued career development and networking with company leaders
Primary Location: United States-Connecticut-Norwalk
Employee Status: Temporary
Work From Home: No