At Paramount, we offer insurance to both large and small groups and also cater to Medicare (Paramount Elite) subscribers in northwest Ohio and southeast Michigan. Our Medicaid product (Paramount Advantage) services those living in the state of Ohio. We maintain an accreditation by the NCQA – the National Committee for Quality Assurance – for our Ohio HMO, Elite and Advantage products. We’re also part of ProMedica, which is ranked the second most integrated health system in the U.S. and No. 1 in the Midwest. For more information about Paramount, please visit our website http://www.paramounthealthcare.com.
Work independently to provide analytic support on projects and proposals. Responsible for task leadership and sub-task management on mid to large size projects.
1. Project Management: Work with end users to help define project parameters, scope project and manage assigned tasks to completion within expected timeframe.
2. Develop interim reporting/communication tools with end users to advance project. Develop effective validation methods to assure quality results.
3. Data Integrity: Ongoing responsibility to protect data integrity, call attention and work toward resolution when data is corrupted.
4. Software: Ability to work with Big Data – managing several large sources of data including medical and pharmacy claims.
5. Work with complex healthcare data to identify Medical Expense trends, Physician incentive information as well as quality initiatives.
6. Troubleshooting of coding issues, identification of the root causes and implementation of necessary coding updates
7. Analytics: Advanced technical knowledge of analytics, ability to use data set to draw conclusions, identify trends and ability to reach statistically based conclusions.
8. Leadership: Mentoring and teaching to less senior staff, ongoing assistance to staff to advance projects and ensure accurate techniques are employed.
9. Communication: Effective interpersonal communication and prompt responses within team, with other departments, to ensure successful completion of strategic objectives and decision making.
10. Problem Solving: Ability to identify alternative methods of accomplishing defined tasks, especially when obstacles or limitations make the first solution ineffective.
11. Presentation: Preparation of formal presentations to help communicate objectives, process and conclusions of project work.
12. Perform other duties as directed.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Health Administration, Public Health, Epidemiology Economics, Information Systems, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, Finance or related field.
- Skills: Strong analytical skills and basic skills in statistical analysis. Proficiency in compiling data using SQL query, MS Excel, MS Access. Excellent oral and written communication skills and outstanding presentation skills.
- Years of Experience: 2-5 years healthcare industry and/or quantitative work experience.
- Education: MBA or MHA preferred
- Skills: Knowledge of Truven and Cognos preferred.
- Proven task management skills with the ability to work in a deadline driven environment. Demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in an easily understood manner to guide audience through written or verbal communications. Strong customer service orientation.