PGIM: 2022 Fixed Income Investment Analyst Program
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2021 to September 1, 2021
- Period 2: September 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021
- Period 3: October 1, 2021 to November 1, 2021
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2021
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you a rising senior looking to apply your business knowledge and make an impact within a dynamic, evolving organization? Or maybe you’re looking to gain foundational knowledge and skills to apply in a professional environment, while developing strong relationships through training, mentorship, and ongoing feedback. At PGIM that’s a challenge we can help you meet as a member of our Fixed Income Investment Analyst Program!
PGIM is the diversified asset management business of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). With $1.4 trillion in assets under management, and 38 offices spanning 16 countries, PGIM is among the world’s top-10 largest asset managers. Comprised of seven self-governing asset management divisions, each PGIM business offers a distinct workplace culture that aligns with the firm’s ultimate objective: to provide premier service to our clients while fostering an inclusive workplace culture that is rooted in trust, respect and equality. Prudential is a Fully Inclusive Workplace: At Prudential, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual, and we work hard ensure to Prudential is a welcoming and rewarding place to work for people of all identities and backgrounds.
PGIM Fixed Income is a global asset manager offering active solutions across all fixed income markets. With 950 employees and $946bn assets under management, the company has offices in Newark, London, Letterkenny, Amsterdam, Munich, Zurich, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and Singapore. Our business climate is a safe inclusive environment, centered around mutual respect, intellectual honesty, transparency and teamwork. Our leaders are focused on talent & culture; dedicated to fostering growth & development at all levels to develop the industry leaders of tomorrow.
Your Day to Day:
PGIM Fixed Income is hiring 2022 Investment Analysts into 3 exciting business tracks. By applying to this position, your candidacy will be considered for all 3 business tracks which are outlined below. If you advance to final round interviews, we will share which track(s) you are in consideration for prior to your interviews so that you can prepare accordingly:
- Client Advisory Rotational Associate: The Client Advisory Group rotational program is designed to provide exposure to all client facing teams, including Client Management, Consultant Relations, Marketing, Data Analysis, and Request for Proposal teams as well as product strategy and portfolio analytics to obtain technical knowledge, develop an understanding of PGIM Fixed Income’s products, strategies, portfolios, positioning and market impacts. This role is a three-year assignment designed to rotate among several front office client facing teams as well as data teams involving analytical thinking and technical skills. The objective of this rotation program is to train on various client and prospect roles including creating new products and vehicles, competitor analysis, learning our analytical tools and systems, sourcing portfolio and client information to satisfy our clients, prospects and consultant needs. In addition, you will participate in our signature learning & development program, PGIM Fixed Income University (PFIU), a classroom and interactive project-based curriculum designed to prepare first year Associates for their careers in fixed income. The analyst partners closely with peers throughout Fixed income to build organizational capabilities.
- Credit Investment Analyst: The Credit Investment Analyst will work closely with a Senior Analyst covering companies in related industry sectors in either the investment grade, leveraged finance, or emerging markets asset class. The Analyst will perform fundamental investment analysis, define relative value within issuer capital structures and industry sectors, and communicate investment recommendations to Portfolio Managers. The fundamental credit investment research conducted by the Analyst is an integral component of the portfolio construction process. Day-to-day Analyst responsibilities include industry data collection & trend analysis, financial statement analysis, financial modeling & forecasting, assessment of business & financial strategy, and monitoring market movements through daily meetings with portfolio managers, economists, and strategists. In addition, the Analyst role involves regular interaction with management of issuing companies, industry consultants, and Wall Street counterparts. The Analyst role offers growing responsibility as the Analyst’s experience and confidence grows.
- Portfolio Analysis Rotational Analyst: The analyst in the Portfolio Analysis Group evaluates portfolio positioning with respect to risk exposures and alpha objectives, provides portfolio construction and alignment insight, and analyzes performance drivers across a multitude of investment products and processes to deliver performance attribution. Utilizing a variety of analytical tools, the analyst integrates specific client guidelines, objectives, and risk tolerances into the firm’s investment process to ensure complete portfolio management and analytics are in place. The analyst collaborates and works closely with other teams, including Senior Analysts, Portfolio Managers, Traders, Risk Managers, the Quantitative Team, Credit Research, Client Advisory, and Sales and Marketing. The analyst also navigates multiple ad hoc requests and projects that relate to market or portfolio analytics received from all parts of the larger Fixed Income Organization. The analyst partners closely with peers throughout Fixed income to build organizational capabilities.
Your Desired Skills:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s degree program graduating between December 2021 and June 2022.
- All majors welcome! Minimum GPA of 3.0 required.
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration.
- Written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively give/receive feedback and share ideas
- Determination and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment while working on multiple tasks both independently and on a team
- Experience with MS Excel and/or other technical data analysis / modeling tools desirable
Our Application Process:
Submit your application. Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s). Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2022 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email email@example.com to request assistance.