Prudential: 2022 Chief Investment Office (CIO) Investment Analyst Program
We review applications on a rolling basis, and we encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready. Our goal is to notify you of your status within 3 weeks after each application period concludes.
- Period 1: July 15, 2021 to September 1, 2021
- Period 2: September 1, 2021 to October 1, 2021
- Period 3: October 1, 2021 to November 1, 2021
All applications should be fully completed by November 1, 2021
To ensure you are considered for the opportunities you want most, you are only able to apply to 3 positions per recruiting season. All applications must be submitted within one sitting.
Are you looking for a career that helps you apply your love of capital markets, data analysis, and investments to inform business strategy and work with diverse teams on challenging projects? Are you interested in being a part of an exciting program that is focused on developing technical and professional skills while collaborating alongside leaders in the investment community? If you are results driven, have a passion for working with numbers, and are deeply technical and highly innovative, then Prudential’s Chief Investment Office (CIO) Analyst Program is the role for you!
Prudential Financial (NYSE: PRU), an industry leader in financial services for more than 140 years, offers customers world-wide a variety of innovative solutions for growing and protecting wealth. With over $1.6 trillion assets under management and office presence in 20 countries across 5 continents, Prudential strives to service customers and create long-term value for stakeholders through strong ethics and business fundamentals. We provide a wide array of financial products and services, ranging from individual life insurance, retirement and annuities to asset management. Prudential is a Fully Inclusive Workplace: At Prudential, we value the unique perspectives and experiences of every individual, and we work hard ensure to Prudential is a welcoming and rewarding place to work for people of all identities and backgrounds.
The Chief Investment Office (CIO) is a major strategic partner to many other departments across the enterprise and relies upon a collaborative culture to effectively create both micro and macro solutions to the most interesting challenges at Prudential. With over $400 billion in assets under management the CIO is responsible for asset/liability (ALM) management, interest rate risk management, oversight and reporting on product investment margin performance and related hedge management activities. The CIO controls the management of the investment portfolios of Prudential’s General Accounts through its Global Portfolio Management group, Alternative Assets Group, Portfolio Strategy Group, Global Hedge Management team and ALM Strategy & Analytics unit.
The CIO Analyst Program is a three-year, entry-level role within the Chief Investment Office. Our program provides exposure to multiple pockets of a dynamic organization while creating the opportunity for success and recognition through substantial and long-term business impact.
Available opportunities will vary and could include the following placements:
ALM Strategy & Analytics – Be part of the team responsible for research and development of tools for ALM analysis, strategy decision, and management reporting in addition to maintaining liability valuation and attribution models
- Your Role: Financial modeling with a focus on asset and liability modeling, including scenario analysis
- Skills you’ll develop: quantitative data analysis, mathematical modeling, programming
Manager of Managers/Alternative Assets Group – Be part of a team responsible for selecting and monitoring both affiliated and unaffiliated managers of traditional asset classes to generate alpha and meet future insurance liability obligations.
- Your Role: Research asset managers, write investment recommendation memos, monitor managers’ performance using quantitative tools
- Skills you’ll develop: Investment research and analysis, investment committee presentation, Excel modeling
Global Hedge Management – Be part of a team that provides comprehensive hedging solutions and efficient trade execution across multiple hedge programs for CIO by developing and utilizing capital markets acumen and liability knowledge
- Your Role: Evaluating comprehensive hedging solutions and supporting efficient trade execution. Reviewing and communicating hedging results to key stakeholders.
- Skills you’ll develop: derivative pricing and strategy, market analysis tools (Bloomberg), quantitative analysis, programming (SQL and VBA), Tableau
Global Portfolio Management – Be part of a team responsible for ALM, including portfolio construction and asset allocation for Prudential’s global insurance portfolios
- Your Role: Developing and implementing investment strategies and asset allocations. Collaborating across the enterprise with business units, PGIM, and corporate functional partners
- Skills you’ll develop: capital markets expertise, fixed-income and portfolio modeling, market analytics/data visualization, research and presentation skills
Portfolio Strategy Group – Be part of a team that works closely with portfolio strategists and managers, asset management units, the Alternative Assets Group, Impact Investments, ALM Strategy & Analytics, as well as corporate functions to implement portfolio initiatives and relative value analysis, analyze portfolio performance, and lead the development of policies
- Your Role: Analyzing portfolio performance compared to benchmarks.
- Skills you’ll develop: performance attribution, portfolio analysis, market data management, Tableau
Your Desired Skills:
- Candidates must be enrolled in an accredited bachelor’s program graduating between December 2021 and May 2022
- Preferred majors include highly quantitative disciplines such as mathematics, engineering, economics, computer science, finance, actuarial sciences or a similarly quantitative subject area.
- Minimum 3.2 GPA required
- Strong written, oral communication, and interpersonal skills
- Advanced proficiency in Excel
- Prudential does not provide visa sponsorship for this position. Successful candidates must possess the requisite US employment authorization to be eligible for consideration
Our Application Process:
- Submit your application.
- Receive invitation for first-round digital interviews – Part one includes telling us about yourself via a digital introduction. Part two includes answering pre-recorded interview questions with the business(es) that are advancing your applications(s).
- Last step, final round interviews– If selected, you will have the opportunity to meet with us in person or virtually to learn more about our business and culture.
For 2022 early talent roles, our process is designed to help you learn more about Prudential and share your story with us. Digital interviewing allows greater flexibility, enables a quicker interview process, allows us to meet more candidates and share your story with more members of your team.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please call (800) 433-8960, prompt 4 or email email@example.com.
Please note that the above number and email are solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.