Rabobank Wholesale Banking North America is part of Rabobank, a global financial services leader providing wholesale, rural and retail banking services in more than 40 countries worldwide. Founded by Dutch farmers over a century ago, Rabobank remains true to our core mission: to create value for our customers, our employees, and the local communities where we do business. Rabobank today is one of the world’s largest banks with over $650 billion in assets. In North America, Rabobank is a premier financial institution providing services across the food and agriculture value chain. RDS’s support functions champion over 1,300 employees throughout Rabo AgriFinance and Rabobank North America Wholesale, companion Rabobank subsidiaries.
Internship Overview Statement
Rabobank’s internship program is designed to provide a mutually beneficial relationship and growth opportunity for Rabobank and collegiate students. This experiential learning opportunity provides practical application and skills development in a professional environment and is aligned with Rabobank’s commitment to recruit top talent in the communities we serve. While employed as a summer intern, students will have the opportunity to prove their ability to learn and demonstrate key skills that will make them successful at Rabobank. To aid in this endeavor, students will be matched with a mentor and provided the necessary professional development opportunities to achieve their goals. The internship will be full time, 10 week, paid program.
TCF is part of a global business with dedicated teams Singapore, Utrecht, New York, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires. TCF New York includes three sectors: agriculture (i.e. TCF Agri), metals (i.e., TCF Metals and Minerals) and energy (i.e., TCF Energy).
The Analyst works with Relationship Managers (RM) and Credit Analysts (CA) to assist in the origination of new clients and business, preparation of pitches and sector analyses and management of the existing portfolio of clients.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Learn TCF business and TCF products with RMs, Credit, Middle Office and Operation/Trade Services
- Work with RM/CA to assess industry trends
- Work with RM/CA to identify prospects, prepare customer marketing materials such as pitch books and follow up presentations.
- Attend customer meetings with RM and actively contribute to discussion and development of the relationship. Assists with the preparation of call reports.
- Assist in the active management of client relationships and works with credit analysts and commodity support group to prepare credit review or portfolio reviews
- Assist RM/CA in analyzing credit risk, structure credit products, financial modelling/ Capital assessments via internal models for prospects/new transactions. Cash flow analysis and projections proficiency a plus.
- Assist RM/CA managing ongoing credit needs of existing relationships.
- Assist in researching and evaluating specific target industries.
- Work on monthly/ quarterly assessment of received information & covenant checks.
- Assist in monitoring assigned portfolio of clients; in depth client knowledge is essential for adequately identifying early warning signals with the aim of minimizing loan losses.
- Initiating where necessary extra measures in order to safeguard the credit portfolio.
- Complete all mandatory training within a timely basis, as instructed.
- Comply with code of conduct & Bank policies/procedures.
- Actively identify incidents outside of established policies & procedures and report to management immediately.
- Familiar with & comply with laws, regulations, and internal policies & procedures that are applicable to required job duties.
- Understand & comply with all RAF & Rabobank anti-money laundering (AML), compliance, and all other applicable laws, including, but not limited to, the completion of all required AML & Sanctions training.
CULTURE & VALUES
- Actively & consistently demonstrate Rabobank cultural practices.
- B.S. in Accounting, Finance, Economics or International Business
- Excellent academic performance
- Willing to learn and hard-working
- High level of computer skills
- Basic knowledge of credit analysis, laws, policies, procedures and facts relevant to a general lending and marketing
- Able to think critically and exhibit intellectual curiosity
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Able to handle multiple projects/tasks
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Team player with desire to work collaboratively within the team
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rabobank, Rabo AgriFinance, and Rabo Diversified Services (“Rabo”) all provide equal employment opportunities for all prospective and current employees.
Rabo does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military service or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Consistent with this policy, Rabo recruits, hires, trains, and promotes persons in all job titles and ensure that all personnel actions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities, without regard to the protected factors listed above. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including application, hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline, termination of employment, and access to benefits and training.