Rue Gilt Groupe is looking for a Cloud DBA to join our Infrastructure team.
This is a great opportunity to have a massive impact: join the world-class team combining two of the top private sale e-commerce destinations, Gilt and Rue La La. As a Database Administrator, you would be directly involved in transforming our user experience to drive $1B annual sales and in delighting 35M+ members.
You would be a key contributor to our infrastructure team to specify, design, build and support the core systems that enable RGG to handle the largest bursts of e-commerce traffic in the industry. Your hands-on skills in both support and implementation would put you in partnership with RGG’s engineers and business stakeholders, helping us build innovative solutions to complex problems. The ideal candidate, on top of championing DevOps practices, would actively contribute to the reliability & security of our databases, write automation and infrastructure code, and improve the resilience & business continuity of our systems.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH:
- Fortify and build databases with reliability and security as the guiding principles
- Drive our IaC culture by writing, improving, and refactoring infrastructure code
- Evolve CI/CD practices for database schema changes
- Build database systems leveraging reference architecture patterns for DBaaS
- Drive further automation of database tasks, business processes, and routine maintenance
- Orchestrate major migrations & upgrades of database systems
- Partner with feature teams on database design and architecture
We value Cloud DBAs who have:
- Experience working on MySQL, Postgres, or Oracle at scale, preferably in AWS
- Experience with multiple database security practices like logical separation & access control both inside and at the perimeter of the database systems
- Experience with setting up DR for cloud databases using out-of-the-box and customized solutions
- Working knowledge of non-relational data stores like DynamoDB, S3, ElastiCache, Elasticsearch or equivalent
- Expertise with Terraform, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Docker, DataDog, Python, Go, or equivalent
- Experience working in a cross-functional, agile development environment
- A proven track record of incident response and on-call process improvements
- AWS Certified Database – Specialty Certification (preferred but not required)