Description: Pricing Manager, Enterprise Platform Solutions
RxSense is a Boston-based health technology company offering powerful technology solutions built to make prescription drugs more affordable for all. We operate two business units – Enterprise Platform Solutions, which provides turnkey technology services to employers, health plans, and others who wish to administer pharmacy benefits, and Direct to Consumer (DTC), which offers cash pay prescription benefits to people under the consumer brand SingleCare.
Incorporated in 2014, RxSense is one of the fastest-growing companies in New England. We are privately held and proud to have been recognized by Fast Company as one of 2020’s Most Innovative Companies, and by Forbes as a 2020 Best Startup Employer. Our CEO and Founder, Rick Bates, was named the EY New England Entrepreneur of the Year award winner in 2018.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Update the underwriting model based on client-specific requirements; assess financial implications of new business and account renewal opportunities.
· Gather, incorporate, and assess relevant data across applicable business areas to determine financial opportunity (P&L) and ramifications (risks) to the company related to new business and account renewals.
· Participate in, coordinate with, and communicate to internal stakeholders the conclusions of financial assessments of new business and account renewal opportunities.
· Participate in financial discussions and provide consultation to internal stakeholders on cost management strategies and programs for clients and prospects.
· Manage and update the company’s sales and account renewal pipeline.
· Assist in and provide business guidance to the Data Team as it relates to further development of the RxIQ re-pricing tool.
· Analyze prospect (current/new) claim data through the RxIQ re-pricing tool and provide recommendations during the sales and account renewal process.
· Complete financial requirements related to RFPs and RFIs.
· Participate in the client contracting and network development/management process.
· Prepare ad-hoc analyses for internal stakeholders as needed to assess sales and renewal needs.
· Document and track day-to-day pricing and underwriting activities relate to growth and retention.
· Partner with sales and account management to ensure achievement of deliverables in a timely fashion.
DESIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
· Strong working knowledge of pharmacy benefit administration
· Proficient ability to own the success of projects with minimal supervision using sound judgment, while maintaining a professional and positive demeanor
· Must be able to develop and maintain strong working relationships on a multi-level basis
· Superior written and verbal communication skills – ability to communicate information & ideas clearly & concisely
· Ability to foster a positive and creative work environment
· Ability to work in a dynamic fast paced atmosphere
· Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and/or Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree, emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a technical degree with strong work experience related to finance. Technology background with an MBA would be ideal.
· Minimum of 2-3 years of pharmaceutical distribution and/or pharmacy benefits industry experience strongly preferred
· Strong business acumen, analytical skills, written and oral communication skills
· Highly proficient in Microsoft; Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Strong preference for an individual with data warehouse, SQL, and other data mining experience.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly required to sit and talk or hear and operate equipment. Frequently required to stand and walk.
· Regularly required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time and walk short distances.
· The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Personal Protective Equipment may be recommended and/or required in some areas.
Travel required is less than 15%.