Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation’s top health care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000 nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty Centers.
Full-Time opportunity for a Financial Analyst II who will under the direct supervision of the Manager of Finance, compile and analyze data used in budget planning, decision support, productivity, variance analysis, economic justification, and special projects in accordance with established departmental standards, policies and procedures. They will also provide customer assistance and education in analyzing financial reports and utilizing various financial tools.
Essential Job Functions:
- Apply knowledge of financial applications/theories and analytical skills in the preparation of the operating budget, month-end financial review, and forecasting processes.
- Perform in-depth ad hoc financial analysis with recommendation and conclusion.
- Maintain financial application(s) integrity, through daily/monthly/quarterly maintenance and processing of data loads, reconciliations, and structure maintenance.
- Perform all necessary, and Complete reconciliations of General Ledger, Payroll, etc to the DSS system, Kaufman Hall, Workforce Analytics and other systems utilized by local finance team(s).
- Review and complete reconciliation schedules (and those completed by other analysts) and randomly test data as instructed and as necessary in order to assure accuracy. Store all reconciliations and audits per established departmental procedure.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the statistics utilized Monitor the collection of statistics so that they are received in a timely fashion, update statistics within in the Decision Support System, General Ledger, Kaufman Hall, Workforce Analytics, etc. Monitor the collection of statistics to ensure receipt in a timely fashion. Update statistics on a monthly/quarterly basis, and ensure the accuracy of all statistics through an in-depth review procedure.
- Recommend to management changes to RHM statistical data collection that more closely reflects Trinity standards and results and better source data.
- Independently perform routine financial analysis (e.g. routine pricing studies, Six Sigma financial entitlements, equipment replacement financial studies) with minimal supervision.
- Participate in special projects as instructed by senior personnel and assist in intermediate financial analysis (ex. Service line analysis, develop new department or service economic justifications) with supervision.
- Ability to function independently with minimal oversight and direction. Display high level of accountability and demonstrate mid-level competency of technical and troubleshooting expertise.
- Communicate in written and oral form effectively with internal and external users, including management and administration. Ability and temperament to communicate in a tactful, pleasant and helpful manner the results of complex analyses.
- Ability to make presentations to interdepartmental staff members and other various management levels.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors of Science in business administration, finance/accounting or other healthcare related area or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of two to four years’ experience in finance and/or accounting analysis required.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of general accounting and theories of finance is required.
- Previous experience in a hospital environment is desirable.
- Proficiency in Microsoft application suite, particularly Excel, Kaufman Hall, Workforce Analytics
Employees of St. Joseph Mercy Health System enjoy…
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and Trinity Health
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.