Contributes to the overall success of the US Debt Capital Markets department in the U.S. ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team’s business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures. As an Analyst on the US Debt Capital Markets desk, the position is responsible for providing support and secondary coverage to senior originators for US Investment Grade and High Yield Debt Capital Markets fixed income origination/execution. Assists the desk in the client marketing efforts for US Dollar and international bonds issued by corporates and financial institutions. This involves attending client meetings and creating marketing materials with the primary marketers to advise investment grade and high yield clients on the origination, structuring and execution of bonds, debentures, medium-term notes, private placements, and ABS transactions. The Analyst position is expected to help in the completion and execution of all documentation for client debt issuance, including prospectuses, offering memorandums, trust indentures, underwriting and purchasing agreements, due diligence, termsheets, marketing packages, etc. The job is also involved with supporting the distribution of fixed income products to institutional accounts through our global distribution network and helps manage our participation in underwritten bond transactions syndicated with other banks.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Secondary coverage and back-up for client marketing efforts across all industries, including covering on pitches and attending with primary marketers.
• Support for live transaction execution, including attendance at organizational meetings, drafting sessions and closings. Execution requires regular ongoing dialogue with the client and counterparts at other banking institutions.
• Creation and preparation of all marketing materials for originators on the desk to support coverage of the firm’s clients and to disseminate information on relevant market dynamics and trends.
• Preparation of weekly market updates and weekly indicative pricing to be sent to clients.
• Undertake revenue recording and reporting functions within the US Debt Capital Markets group, in collaboration with Scotia Capital (USA) Inc. finance.
• Preparation of management reporting presentation materials, including monthly/quarterly business/market performance summaries, strategic analysis, and industry benchmarking
• Supports the develop of incoming analysts, co-ops, and GCM rotational program participants, including with respect to DCM practices & procedures, technical skills, product knowledge, and understanding of the client base
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience / Other Information (include only those that are specific to the role)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Series 79
• Series 63
Location(s): United States : New York : New York City
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.